Blacklist

I am an episode behind, that cabin shoot out last week was intense! Spader makes the show,he could read the phone book and I’d listen, heh.

Its my favorite spy type show on right now, but I’ve been told I should watch Mr Robot, as I’d like that also.

Mr Robot is an very unique show and I think its one of the best new shows on TV.

Really liked the double Reddington episode, Jake Webber was a great casting choice for the other “Red”.

Agreed, that was a fun episode. I’ve really enjoyed this season in general and am interested to see where they take it from here.

After the disaster that the first half of season 2 was, this series has really kicked into high gear.

I’m bummed I don’t get to watch it. Hulu had the first two seasons, but they didn’t get this one for some reason. It was never great, but I enjoyed watching it for Spades and his wacky. Ah, well, I’m sure it’ll show up on Netflix at some point.

You can watch it directly from NBC for free online. Just add the NBC channel or go to the website. They might have already pulled a few episodes though… stays up for a few weeks.

I don’t watch it on pc, I watch via the Hulu app on Xbox or PS3. I’ll check whether either has an NBC app, though, thanks!

I watch it on Fire TV or Roku… like you I preferred it when it was just on Hulu too. I’ve a feeling these cable companies are out to gut Hulu which is a shame. They think they might chase me back to cable… each year though I watch less and less. I am lost 5 or so shows by the end of this year…added one.

Its not really cable thats doing this, its the networks. And by networks I mean all of them including the “cable” networks like USA and A&E. They all see the writing on the wall and understand that the internet is rapidly becoming the primary pipeline into peoples homes for entertainment. The networks are all trying to position themselves to take advantage of that. Thats why you are seeing things like CBS having their own pay to watch streaming service. They want exclusivity so that they can glean as much profit as possible. They cant easily compete with services that provide multiple network streams so they are starting to slowly pull stuff back from netflix and hulu and such.

So, NBC does have an Xbox app. The earliest episode they have for s3 is 309, though, so they lost Mr as a viewer until it hits Netflix… which probably won’t happen before next season starts to air… which means they’ve probably lost me as a viewer. Ah, well.

Bummer. I was in your shoes a handful of weeks ago. I didn’t realize I’d missed the few episodes until my sister talked about it since Hulu does nothing, nothing at all to inform subscribers their shows have been yanked…(Hulu really should inform people of this).

Its not really cable thats doing this, its the networks. And by networks I mean all of them including the “cable” networks like USA and A&E. They all see the writing on the wall and understand that the internet is rapidly becoming the primary pipeline into peoples homes for entertainment. The networks are all trying to position themselves to take advantage of that. Thats why you are seeing things like CBS having their own pay to watch streaming service. They want exclusivity so that they can glean as much profit as possible. They cant easily compete with services that provide multiple network streams so they are starting to slowly pull stuff back from netflix and hulu and such.

Well it’s both right? Cable makes it generally unpleasant to be a cable customer. The networks keep jacking up the prices claiming quality content costs money, which is true, but there’s no way I am giving CBS 5 dollars a month for a broadcast channel. It’s just not happening.

We are trying the CBS app right now and was unpleasantly surprised that all the commercials are still there.

They charge monthly for content they broadcast for free and keep the commercials. These networks just don’t get it.

To be fair, so does your cable company or satellite provider. The content isn’t free, in fact it’s rather expensive.

And with cable you are paying quite a bit to subsidize channels you’ll never watch.

Yup, but even movies now have a crap ton of commercials before the movie, not including movie trailers (which are commercials).

I can stick an antenna on my roof and get it for free, and even then they’re getting paid to have me watch commercials. I understand what you’re saying but these networks broadcast that content for free to the consumer.

In over the air you are paying the network by allowing their commercials to come in the house. When I am paying them a monthly rate, I feel I should be able to skip those commercials. I would even be willing to pay more to skip commercials. I love commercial free hulu.

But that’s not what they’re doing now correct? You’re saying they’re charging a monthly fee for almost the same thing they broadcast for free, aka current shows with commercials?