Blade Runner 2!?

Hoeks was far more memorable in The Best Offer, which I enjoyed.

Thanks for the tip! Gonna watch that. The camera loves her in my opinion.

Those are both really good points. I would have been disappointed to hear that Ford wasn’t in this movie, but ultimately his contribution likely lessens the movie. And I liked Wallace quite a bit at first, but he did devolve into a far less interesting character than it initially appeared.

And Gosling really was great.

I was just about to post this! Only 26 days too late.

Watching this video, I am amazed at the craftsmanship that went into the movie. It makes it that much more amazing that it ever got made at all.

Also, in 2018, I’m amazed that a Blu-ray like this has a static main menu and those awful icons.

My initial reaction was a very strong negative one.

But then I looked at the people involved and… maybe?

The 2049 blu-ray has several shorts, one of which is animated and is AWESOME.

Pretty sure the animated short for BR2049 (below) was directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, who is going to be the exec producer for the animated series.

Fascinating thank you.

I know this is MY problem not the medium’s but I have a tough time when a live action IP moves to animated.

A hair less so if its all CGI but hand drawn anime just changes the emotional space of the work for me and makes it different somehow.

I am extremely interested! He directed 3 great (you can argue the last one, I loved it for being silly) anime series:
Cowboy Bebop , Samurai Champloo , and Space Dandy .

I’m not particularly into Shinji Aramaki as a director, but Kenji Kamiyama and Shinichiro Watanabe are very good names to see attached to this.

Weird that they credit Kamiyama for “upcoming Ghost in the Shell reboot” when he’s the director of Stand Alone Complex, which is the definitive take on that franchise in my book.

Finally watched this one. I watch my sci-fi in 15-20 min increments while eating supper these days (don’t judge me) so I might have missed tidbits here and there while spooning up my grub.

There was something that left me confused about the serial number on the hip bone… those cuts had been inflicted on the bone by the person doing the cesarian (that’s what they said, right? though I would say more like ‘episiotomy’, since cesarians do not cut down there?) If that was the case, how was a serial number printed and exposed on a part of the bone that would have been on the interior of it? ie, that would be like cutting a potato and finding an embossed sticker being exposed in 2d very concidentally at the perfect angle to the slice.

Broadly speaking I liked the cinematography and was enjoying the movie until we got to good ol’ Harrison Ford-- and then I spent the last third groaning that nothing is to be trusted to hold its own weight anymore without plodding old dinosaurs bringing back the nostalgia. And that Ford spent his time in the movie throwing ineffective dinosaur punches and cringing from waves hitting the car window. Let your nerves slip with your combat training, did we, Decker? So, androids can be born now, and then they get wrinkled and crotchety? I think I’m going with Deckard is a real human now to let this film make sense. Sadly.

I for one liked Gosling’s slow, measured pace in this flick, made him feel like he’s processing information and keeping cool like a seasoned detective would, letting his pauses force the people around him to fill the space with clues. Especially when he loses his cool explosively, for contrast. If only I hadn’t already watched movies like Drive where he’s a mute wierdo who stands around a woman’s apartment until she falls in love with him for… I dunno, the complicated wheels she assumes are turning in his head, maybe. But it worked well enough here.

Wish we had expounded a bit more on android Jesus though, he was good fun to watch, and I wanted to know more of his world. Maybe there’ll be a sequel with 100% less Harrison Ford and more about how the Bladerunner universe runs and works… it felt real, but I wanted to know more about what the people did in its economy, etc, since all we saw were outliers.

I didn’t like Ford in TFA either. He kind of came across as an old douche. I don’t think that was what the director intended. (Though you never know, considering that’s basically what happened to Luke in TLJ, and I don’t think Hamill mis-acted that role.)

Great analysis… and Harrison Ford is my favorite actor.