Blagojevich Busted

Wow, what an idiot.
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/ap-blago.html

Classic Chicago politics.

Is there something in the water at the governor’s mansion?

What we really need to know: Is that his real hair?

If Blagojevich is indicted, who will pick his replacement and will that person then pick Obama’s replacement? Then, knowing Chicago, what will happen when Blagojevich’s replacement is indicted? Who will bury the gravedigger!?

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/posted/archive/2008/12/09/the-shakedown-juicy-bits-from-the-blagojevich-indictment.aspx

Some Highlights

ROD BLAGOJEVICH later stated, “I’m going to keep this Senate option for me a real possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain. You hear what I’m saying. And if I don’t get what I want and I’m not satisfied with it, then I’ll just take the Senate seat myself.” Later, ROD [B]BLAGOJEVICH stated that the Senate seat “is a fucking valuable thing, you just don’t give it away for nothing.”

[/B]November 4, 2008, ROD BLAGOJEVICH spoke with JOHN HARRIS regarding the potential vacant Senate seat. ROD BLAGOJEVICH stated that the “trick . . . is how do you conduct indirectly . . . a negotiation” for the Senate seat. Thereafter, ROD BLAGOJEVICH analogized his situation to that of a sports agent shopping a potential free agent to various teams, stating “how much are you offering, [President-elect]? What are you offering, [Senate Candidate 2]? . . . Can always go to. . . [Senate Candidate 3].”

After discussing various federal governmental positions that ROD BLAGOJEVICH would trade the Senate seat for, ROD BLAGOJEVICH asked about “the private sector” and whether the President-elect could “put something together there. . . .Something big.”

Wow … what a corrupt jackass. And he will serve time right on the heels of a former corrupt jackass. I agree with Tim, what’s going on up there with the water in the mansion?

Lord, what a fucking moron. How does a guy who knows he’s under Federal investigation (and has been for years) go about trying to brazenly sell the president-elect’s senate seat? He thought no one would pay attention?

He had designs on the presidency for 2016! This story is a gift that keeps on giving.

Woo-ooo-ooow.

Remember that time a few years ago when we had like five former Presidents all alive at the same time?

Illinois is gunning to have five former governors all in prison at the same time.

He threatened to withhold money from a Children’s Hospital. Nice guy.

I might sound like a completely uninformed jackass for this but I have a huge man-crush on Patrick Fitzgerald right now. YEA!

Also, it sounds like he didn’t have much competition for the Governorship. It was “crazy cat lady that smells like cigarettes v corrupt politician”…

Good for obama that the recorded tapes make it pretty clear his people were not involved:

Later in the conversation, ROD BLAGOJEVICH said he knows that the President-elect wants Senate Candidate 1 for the Senate seat but “they’re not willing to give me anything except appreciation. *** them.”

Really though, what’s the harm in asking if there is a high-paying private sector job available for your wife in exchange for a federal Senate seat? Can’t hurt to ask!

I’m also highly alarmed that the Obama camp were willing to give Blagojevich appreciation for a good Senate pick. Praise and smiles from the Messiah is worth billions. Might be time to call in the grand jury.

That place seems to be run like a banana republic.

I’m impressed that, even in jest, you managed to leverage Obama’s refusing to indulge a corrupt governor as an attack.

Woo yeah, this guy takes the cake. Well, I guess he tried to take the cake.

Good going! So you got yourself busted by the feds instead!

I just read the [Yahoo article](http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/Too well debated to be real. So I checked:). Politicians suck. Our democratic governor (in Alabama) was arrested after he left office for taking money. His defense was partly, “Every governor did it and his charges were politically motivated.” Evidently, the previous governors were Republican, so that made it OK for him to do it too.

They are all fucking, arrogant, selfish fucktards. So many more of these guys than those that stand up and do what is right regardless of the political consequences. That is why it continues to be difficult for me to believe that Obama is actually going to do all he has promised including all the unpopular things that need to be done.

I’m trying, though.

Take heart, because it’s not the system. By the year 2563, we’ll have a completely incorruptible political class.