Blight of the Immortals (QT3 Game!)

Alright time to start strategizing!

So here is my position, I’ve started off with three fortified locations - Queenslock, Silver Basin, and Salty Fort. Queenslock is my capital and I’ve gone ahead and reinforced the Company of Men that I have there and over the coming turns I’ll attempt to make them into a superstack since it seems fairly cheap to do. Right now they are heading south to Archgate while my Enchantress Coven from Silver Basin heads to Market Town. That should get my left flank secured and allow me to start thinking about moving up to Stormy Port while I keep Lonely Road as a temporary buffer between me and the zombies. Market Town will allow me to recruit Merchant Caravans, they look to be able to double my tax rolls so I want to get two of them asap to double my rolls in Market Town and Queenslock which have maxed markets.

Up at Salty Market I’ve now got two groups of Dwarves. One is moving with all speed to Beardcrypts and Raging River Barrow - both are important forts with large yellow markets. I should be able to start raising dwarven armies to act as a shield for my border forts as a result of taking those positions. Further east I went ahead and paid off Growling Keep and the small Goblin Horde there - yes this may be encroaching on whoever takes the Elves of the North faction but we need to establish a firm defensive line and with the Goblins I’m moving to Snarling Den. With that I’ll have a line of forts going from Archgate on the coast across to Growling Keep where we meet up with the Elves at Ironwill.

Also I know we’ve started to discuss trading in the game itself but we should probably also do so in this thread. So as of right now I have the following for trade…

35 Red
24 Purple
20 Green

In exchange I need Orange, Yellow, and Blue in that order. Please be advised that bribing an independent army will count as a trade as well and it looks like you can only do one trade per turn I think.

That’s the kingdom I’m playing as in the other game.

My plan in that has been to use the humans as my attacking army. They look like only average fighters, but they’re the best you’ve got around there. Reinforce into one large army of them once you’ve got the income to.
I used the human army’s special ability to reset the recruitment countdown on the merchant town, to get more early merchants. A merchant on a level 4 market will make most of its cost back in one tax collection, so you want to get them set up as quickly as possible.

The enchantress should be extremely useful to reclaim zombie towns without any fighting, or to force worrisome zombie units onto fortified dwarves before their numbers grow too big. I haven’t been able to pull it off yet, though. I tried setting up to clear out a town just before a unit of mine reached it, but I had to call everyone back to deal with a 100-strong zombie horde coming from another direction.

Don’t reinforce enchantresses. It’s not worth it.
Dwarves also seem to be best used in small groups where you get the most fortification bonus for the least cost. Use them to repel medium-sized zombie hordes with no losses.

Mind if I join one of the private game? Absolutely adored NP, had some epic games in it.

I’m Men of the East in belouskis game. I’m expanding my empire. Looks like blue, purple, and a little bit of green will be in my future. How does the turn system work? Does it fast forward time when everyone has submitted?

I think so. The site said 12 hours, but that might be with a 24 hour tax cycle. It might get a little dicey if it jumps forward 12 hours, because we’ll never know where the blight is spreading until it is on us.

Yea, that was what I was wondering. I’m moving a troop near a blight zone, and would theoretically be able to move them out of harm’s way if zombies chose the same direction. Guess we will find out.

More questions:

What does 20:7 mean?

Is there a way to see the stats of a unit? Like attack, defense, luck etc. I saw from the tutorial that you could see that information after a battle resolves, but can I get that information myself, or do I have to guess if my army can take another.

It shouldn’t be a problem the game has been up for over four hours and we’ll be able to start a second game if needed.

You’re not talking about the time the turn is due by with the 20:7 or maybe 20:07 are you? If so, I think it is just telling us that the turn will advance automatically 24 hours after it is begun. I think for a while there my time was displayed as 17:7 and then eventually the zero found its way in there to make it 17:07. I think the game will advance a turn tomorrow at 5:07PM PST, unless we get around to advancing it ourselves before then.

Hey, just wanted to post a couple things I’ve noticed so far from the game I joined yesterday.

The Orc War Party’s ability lets him permanently buff the strength of nearby units. This is pretty useful in general, but it’s especially handy for buffing Wizards. Wizards are super expensive to build up, but using the War Party’s ability on them can take them from 2 strength to 11 or higher immediately. Wizards do damage based on percentages, so this ends up being an enormous improvement. Using Wizards with Orc War Parties seems like it could be pretty helpful.

(I’m actually planning on using the Wizards at Wizecouncil to do just this, so I’d really appreciate it if nobody claimed Wizecouncil.)

Secondly, I noticed yesterday that Human Merchants can generate quite a few more coins in foreign cities than in home cities. A Merchant in a home town with fully upgraded markets will generate an additional 7-9 coins per turn, but a Merchant in a foreign town with maxed markets can easily generate 16-20 coins per turn.

As for coin trades, it looks like I’ll be needing Red, Purple, and Blue coins for most of the game. I’ll be happy to trade out Orange, Green, or Yellow coins at 1 to 1 for any of the colors I’m looking for.

I’m in as Elves of the North, although I’m not sure how I feel about the “turn based” mode. All movement times etc. are still given in hours, so I don’t really see a point. Except that I guess we’ll have less time to react to zombies, since they’ll jump ahead at the end of every turn. I think the turn based mode is meant for the PvP games, so that other human players don’t get an advantage by checking the game every hour.

Also, note that you can bribe the independents to join you, which also immediately grants you the province they are in (including any market). Therefore, it’s a good idea to bribe some independents sitting on a level 3 market right off the bat, before collecting your first round of taxes.

Shang I’m going to propose we extend my defensive line through your territory ending it at Clifftop Keep or Big Club Tower if you think you can hold that forward position. I’m concerned about the 150 strength Troll mob that could come our way but you’ve got that huge group of Ents if it comes to that. Together I think we really need to kill the three blights between us as a first step while holding off the zombies to the east if at all possible.

Sounds good. I’m moving into Clifftop Keep now. The pre-fortified positions should be pretty easy to keep as dwarves get twice the fortification bonus. I’m moving my army of ents to Masons Keep so that I can better respond to the troll threat. If they attack the fortified position there, we should be fine, but they will be really difficult to take down offensively.

If I bribe the gnomes at Sleepingtree and move my elves from Mossy Tree Fortress to reinforce, we should be able to start eradicating the weaker zombies from our immediate vicinity.

Good. Once I get my Goblins to Snarling Den I’ll try and recruit a Hobgoblin Brigade. They are fairly big by themselves I think and their special ability will allow me to boost the strength of any accompanying Goblins which should let me support you in that area. If you can spare any Orange construction of that army can be rapidly improved as I have no source of them at the moment.

Hi Guys,

I’m the developer of Blight. Hope you enjoy it.

It’s very early days, and in fact I wasn’t planning to be in open beta this week but I took down the login restrictions to solve some technical problems right when RPS posted their story and I had hundreds of people join up. I decided to just go with it.

I fixed about 100 bugs in the turn based games today and need to document how they work soon. I hope the fixes will properly propagate to the games already started.

The game will progress automatically when the time expires, or when all players have indicated they are ready, Unless the game admin has the game paused (say for a weekend break). The turns jump forward 12 hours. In theory, if everybody is sitting at their machine checking their turns regularly you could complete a whole game in a day.

Anyhow I’m crunching away trying to fix the bugs on the fly. The game is not very balanced at the moment but I hope it can be fun finding the exploits too.

Jay.

Naeblis has joined the game as the Elves of the South. One spot left then as the Goblins of the South, we really need someone down there to help out Naeblis and prevent the zombies from taking a potentially very important plot of land that could feed a zombie horde. They’d have zombie Centaurs, zombie Cyclops’, and maybe worse.

My basic strategy is moving my strongest army, of Ents, to the closest and biggest zombie threat to the west, while i conquest free cities in the South and East with smallish armies.

If you have the Orange Coins needed I’d recommend bribing the Hobgoblins at Spikey Gate southeast of your start to start doubling the rate of settlements you take. It looks like roBucky has already made a play to gobble up some of that area as a redoubt or bid to secure a source of trading currency.

Goosd strategy, but i would need 15 orange coins more for that. They want 40, i have 25.

I can buy the one to the left, Smokers Keep (for 20 orange cois), but it’s a force three time smaller and the city itself is also less upgraded.

I can offer 30 purple coins to you people, if someone want to exchange them for 15 orange coins and the rest blue/green. I also have a surplus of yellow ones. (which race uses yellow?)

I’ve got 2 games going already since the RPS post, but I’d definitely be interested in playing with you guys. Especially now that I learned that multiple friendly armies in one location don’t combine their strength for battles! Sign me up for the second game (looks like a lot of Solium Infernum regulars).

I played some Neptune’s Pride, but this looks a lot better in terms of keeping the game from stretching out too long (multiple months)

I bought the human army down there to grab the three red coin towns as I plan on trying to build up some shaman armies.