Blight of the Immortals (QT3 Game!)

So I noticed this game from an RPS post. It is a browser-based strategy game that takes place in a fantasy world with a bit of a zombie problem. RPS makes it look like a fairly intense real-time turnbased strategy game that combines some of this boards favorite ideas such as zombies and stabbing each other in the back before being destroyed by hordes of zombie ents and gnomes.

Now apparently you can’t create a private beta game without paying, but would anyone like to get together to join a beginners game simultaneously in order to get together some sort of a coordinated defense against the zombie hordes? The basic scenarios seem to have room for eight players so if anyone wants to get in on a game state your interest and we’ll try and establish some sort of a time to get online all at once just to join the same game. It looks like new games fill up fairly quickly so any group of us would need to assemble and get in within a few minutes of each other.

1. CSL_QT3 (Men of the North)
  2. roBurky (Goblins of the North)
  3. belouski (Dwarves of the Center)
  4. papasmurf (Orcs of the South)
  5. Scrax (Men of the East)
  6. shang (Elves of the North)
  7. Naeblis(Elves of the South)

============================ (First Game Cutoff)
9. MrCoffee
10. MonkeyPunky
11. davida

To create an account to play go here.

I’m interested.

Also, the premium account is $10/month, so it’s less than $2 per head if we split it in order to create a proper private game (and you only need it for starting a game, i.e. no need to re-subscribe if the game runs for over a month).

Me. 12345

This looks cool. I started in a game yesterday but I’m in for trying to join a qt3 game.

I just bought an account and would be willing to set up a private game.
Should I post the Secret Keyword in the forum, or should I PM everyone. If the latter, my post count should warn you that I may have no idea how to go about that.
Also, we have a ton settings to determine…

1. Difficulty (easy, normal, hard, etc.)
  2. Alliances (negotiated, no peace, no war) - between players
  3. Speed (tax every 24h, 12, or 48)
  4. Independent Nations (none, third, half, all) - portion of towns with neutral factions
  5. Progression (real time or turn based)

I’ll play.

belouski, I don’t think you can send/receive PMs until you hit 25 posts or so.

I’ll have time to try and set up a game ~6PM PST. If anyone has anything to contribute on the settings, I will try to comply. I’ll come back here and post the name of the Custom Game and the password. I’ll start the game paused and maybe just give it another 24h to fill before unpausing?
People could chime in when it is a good time to start for them, so I can start the game if we fill early. From my limited experience, it looks like your armies are all going to have different arrival times after a day or two anyways. A synchronized start would give us a leg up on the zombies and a weekend to get things rolling.

You can make it turnbased in a private game so that everyone puts in their turn before the host puts the game forward half a day if you want to go that route.

I’d love to play if there’s still a slot available.

Definitely seconding making the game turn-based. I’d really rather not feel like I have to check in on the zombie hordes at 2am. I’d also suggest that we don’t allow players to fight each other, too much backstabbing that way. Oh yeah, and keep independent towns on for sure, they’re kind of neat.

With all the interest it looks like we have room for one more for belouski’s game.

Just started a game yesterday, I’m in if there’s a spot open.

As of the writing if that article, apparantly nobody has won a game against the horde yet, so I’m up for an easy (learn the ropes) kind of game. Normal is cool too.

I’m up for a game too

I would like in. I joined an RPS game yesterday so I’m like a total seasoned veteran now!

Edit: my playername is KingSponge

oh and my nickname is QT3_MrCoffee

I have setup “Belouskis Game” - password is qt3

1. Difficulty (easy)
  2. Alliances (no war) - between players
  3. Speed (tax every 12h)
  4. Independent Nations (half) - portion of towns with neutral factions
  5. Progression (turn based)

Okay, I’m in as “Lemon”. Good luck everyone!

I’ve joined as well as the Men of the West.

Hey, I found a link that might make it easier to find my game. Well tecnically it’s not a link because I can’t post links.

blight.ironhelmet.com/game/2836349

I’m already in a regular public game with half of RPS and some other friends, but I’d like to try the turn-based mode, see if it plays differently, so I’ve joined in your game, Belouski.

The game I’m already in has occupied all my thoughts today. My brother’s in the game as well, and we’ve had the map up on his big TV, pointing at it and making elaborate battle plans.
It’s only been one day, and half the players seem to be doomed already.