Blind Justice, this has to be a comedy

Second Sight was awesome.

The plot was that Clive Owen’s character was a senior detective in the Metropolitan Police. At the beginning of the series, he was diagnosed with a genetic disorder that was causing him to blind slowly. As the series unfolded, it kept getting worse and worse. At first it was very blury, and then by th end, he was almost totally blind. Until…

SPOILERS

He barely solves one last case. His superiors are on the verge of bustin him, but then during the big press conference where they announce the case has been solved, he suddenly resigns and walks out. Series over.

Don’t forget Kojak, who was…well, bald with an oral fixation.[/quote]

And Monk, of course - OCD and verminophobia.

The premiere of this was last night. It hit the cliches pretty hard but wasn’t too bad, although the character managed to single-handedly solve the big case and earn the respect of his peers while pulling his gun on a suspect in the process. I’d keep watching it if it weren’t for the new season of The Shield starting next week in the same time slot.

That’s what Tivo/bitTorrent is for.

Cept I can’t find a torrent for The Shield yet. It did premiere this week, right?

— Alan

Never mind, I found it. Surprised no one is talking about it yet.

— Alan

My wife, who is both blind and a Media Studies person, posted her thoughts on the first episode on her Livejournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/kestrell/87427.html. It actually gets the characterization of blindness pretty correct. She found it not sufficiently interesting to sit through the commercials for the second episode, but does still have me getting it through bittorrent.