Blizzard\Activision: Not hurting that much. No surprise

It makes perfect sense to you that EA would choose to print “We doubt that Activision would try to sue. That would be like a husband abandoning his family and then suing after his wife meets a better looking guy.” on a check to Blizzard/Activision?

I want whatever the ass herion you’re smoking.

He meant it as the inscription on the gravestone (this time a check) of Brutal Legend.

And, as a sidenote, this is Blizzard’s money, about to be used for the powers of Eeeeevil.

There is no such thing as herion and the freaking board software even TELLS you this by underlining it in red.

It’s heroin.

Uh oh! Spoofy’s gonna gun you down with all his propa spellin’ banber friends!

They defer revenue AND costs from XP sales until the product is activated:

Revenues related to the sale of World of Warcraft…is deferred and recognized ratably over the estimated customer life beginning upon activation of the software and delivery of the services

which is a reasonable thing to do. How they long they rate customer life cycle is anyone’s guess - so speculating a specific dollar amount is pure guesswork unless you have some information that isn’t available in the filing.

What I kind of find alarming though is that PC revenue, excluding MMO revenue, was 3% for the quarter - down from 6% the preceding year. For the full CY, it was 4% as compared to 7%. I’m struggling to think of a big activision PC product this year(anyone recall one?), but 2007 was CoD. That these numbers are less than half other systems numbers isn’t a good sign.

None of the games listed on their site for 2008 interest me at all. CoD5 is probably the biggest name? Yay WWII again. Thanks guys. But they still got my money because I split my WoW account ($80 + time card) so my girlfriend can play her shaman while I raid.

First, I bloody well know how heroin is spelled. I’m mocking shyguy.
Second, the forum software doesn’t do spell-checking. If you’re seeing red underlines, it’s your brower doing it.