Blizzard bans Hearthstone player, casters for HK Support

Well, that’s weird. I don’t ever recall saying that Blizzard is virtuous. Blizzard can be bastards for sucking up to bigger pricks.

Not new info ,but mainstream media take:

If they make it through close of business today without making a conciliatory gesture, I will be frankly amazed. I expected it yesterday. The longer they wait, the worse it will get. And Blizzcon is in 2 weeks.

Another Hearthstone champ, ‘Firebat,’ weighs in, fwiw:

In the streaming show Omnistone, fellow Hearthstone personality Brian Kibler reiterated his previous statement that while Blitzchung definitely did violate the rules, the punishment is too extreme. Kostesich agreed.

“I agree that he’s not supposed to do that. That is definitely, clearly against the rules of Grandmasters,” Kostesich said. “But it’s definitely ridiculous how much he was punished for it. I agree that there’s probably something else going on–they want to make an example of him or something, because it’s just so unreasonable. I think they’re totally in the wrong to punish him that much: absolutely murdering the guy’s Hearthstone career, or attempting to anyway. It’s very sad to see. I wish they would support their players more. Using a player as an example, it doesn’t make me feel good.”

“We have replaced Mei, who is on vacation, with her sister Wei, who comes with a free choice of costumes! There’s police Wei, businesswoman Wei, and surgeon Wei!”

Or they’re just waiting it out like the article says, hoping some other controversy will distract everyone for awhile.

At this point that has to be what they’re doing, right? Figuring that sooner or later the news cycle will wash this all away and direct everyone’s outrage elsewhere. I’m not sure they realize just how utterly they’ve stepped in it, still.

I think if this didn’t occur at the same time as the NBA, it might have. But the dual combo has raised the profile considerably for actions RE: China.

Apple has leaped into the quagmire, too.

I’m still catching up on this thread, but you people in here claiming China’s hegemony of manufacturing can be easily replaced by anyone else (especially the US) are deluding yourself.

Here’s an experiment. Come up with a new product that’s made from other products (an assembled product) and try sourcing it. I mean really get into the weeds and start calling factories. You will notice:

1. The US simply doesn’t have the infrastructure or capacity to roll out new products. They are all at capacity, and unless your PO is so big lets them build a whole bew factory and search for new workers, you are out of luck. Even then your lead time is now 2-3 years. Good luck getting to market!

2. We have NOTHING like Alibaba that lets you search for products, get quotes, discover minimum orders, and has contact info for everything.

3. Speaking of infrastructure and workers, China is building giant factory complexes that don’t even have roads to them yet. They are way, way ahead of everyone for capacity planning. We have 10 years or more catch up to do, and that’s assuming we can get people to accept Chinese labor rates here, to be somewhat competitive. We will likely NEVER catch up.

New American manufacturing is all but done. Everyone sources overseas now.

Their crisis PR team is leading them astray. That won’t happen for a while, this is metastasizing.

And Blizzcon is in two weeks, and it’s livestreamed.

My friends and I host a large Blizzcon streaming party every year; about 15-20 folks attend, we play Blizzard videogames and boardgames, and I cook a shit-fuck-ton of food; it’s a whole damn thing. We’re currently really trying to figure out what to do for this year.

Answer is obvious, skip the games and have an orgy.

What’s even the point of an orgy if you can’t make it world of Warcraft themed

14 severely obese bearded men + 1 inexplicably attractive semi-professional female cosplayer. Hmm. I feel like the key factor here may opt to sit that particular party variation out.

(okay okay in fairness to the friend group it’s more like 9 severely obese men and then 5 of the only other stereotypical variety of nerd, rail-thin lanky motherfuckers)

Rule 34.

You never know until you try!

I am sure someone will say I am focusing on the wrong thing here, but are you saying your lady friend is really good with costumes and cos-play?