Blizzard bans Hearthstone player, casters for HK Support

Blizzard doesn’t even know where Taiwan is (not that they would recognize them as such even if they did). Chinese Taipei on the other hand…

Voting with your wallet is still effective, especially if enough people do it.

When it comes to corporations it’s more effective than anything else.

Blizzcon is going to be bonkers I think. They’ve cancelled all their public events since The Incident, but they can’t cancel that.

got my epic pally mount, matching tier 0 and sprite darter pet so now all my bucket list items are done. letting sub expire in 7 days.

Remember when E3 was canceled, sort of? And then the year I think one of them didn’t do E3 but had an event across the street or something. I think they could cancel it. Then they can ask why everyone didn’t just use their phones to get the info they wanted.

Yep! It’s gonna be fun.

E3 was never really cancelled. After E3 2006 the ESA announced the 2007 event would be scaled down (at the request of their members) and was held in a variety of hotels in Santa Monica. Even though it was really different and smaller, it was actually my favorite version. But it failed to bring the spectacle and spotlight to the industry so it was moved back to the LA Convention Center in 2008, but still limited to industry only.

That, too, was disappointing, so they reverted back to the “big” E3 for 2009.

In any case Blizzcon is in two weeks and they wouldn’t dare cancel.

That’s why I said… sort of. I mean they bitched it was too big. Then they bitched they didn’t get enough coverage or something and viola we’re back to what it was not long after that, as you said.

Or what. What would happen exactly? Their players would get pissed at them, kind of like they already are.

Oh god. It was so dumb. I thought I’d forgotten about that.

Right now lots of people are mad at Blizzard. But my guess is that few of the 25k who are going to Blizzcon are. These are Blizzard’s biggest and most loyal fans. If you cancel Blizzcon, you make a lot of people who weren’t angry with you angry.

I think the disruptions at Blizzcon will come from outside the Convention Center, not from attendees.

I might’ve believed that if Blizzcon 2018 hadn’t happened, but it… did. They’re going to take a risk either way, but I don’t think 25k, even if all of them were unhappy, compares to the Chinese market they want. And that’s what this is really about right? Does it even matter if all their players hated their guts if they can rake in that money?

I mean you’re not wrong. It does appear that Blizzard is choosing their Chinese market over the rest of the world, if it’s one or the other.

But Blizzcon is special, and in addition to the 25k attending there are tens (hundreds?) of thousands who paid for the stream. I suppose it’s not impossible they’d cancel, but I really don’t think they would.

Which means it’s going to get interesting.

If it goes on, yeah, it will indeed be that.

Oh I think you’re going to be very surprised.

Statistically, there is bound to be at least one Blizzcon attendee who decides to stick to up to Blizzard and protest during Blizzcon, knowing that s/he/x will forfeit the entry fee anyway. 1 out of 25k odd isn’t bad.

Is that real?

Yep it’s real.