Blizzard buys IGN Pro League

Title Blizzard buys IGN Pro League
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in Games
When April 8, 2013

Blizzard has purchased the IGN Pro League and will be bringing IPL staff onboard to bring web and mobile content in support of Blizzard games..

Read the full article

These vanilla news posts are weirding me out. Where're the terrible jokes and arch cynicism? I ask you.

Nick is far too reasonable a man for terrible jokes! Although I suspect that over time, the vinegar of innate cynicism will start to seep into his posts. Give him time to pickle. :)

Yeah, Nick is pretty terrible.

Shouldn't you be raging ineffectually about how I don't understand SimCity?

To be fair, this is kind of terrible. I check the site and get my hopes up that there is another Tom Chick masterpiece, and instead I find only a re-tweet of a Blizzard press release.

That's pretty unfair, Mr. Pylon, firstly because now I'm going to feel pressured into writing masterpieces.

But also, Nick didn't just post a Blizzard press release. He pointed out -- and sourced -- that Blizzard had until recently denied they were going to do exactly what they did today. I find what Nick posted a more interesting tidbit than just the Blizzard announcement.

I have no problem with this Nick Diamon fellow, he seems perfectly competent, but I don't visit QT3 for competent news posts. I visit QT3 for Tom's writing and observations of games and gaming.
I am not liking these quickie news posts. Maybe if they were longer with more analysis of what is being written about. Otherwise I get this, only better, from places like the PA Report and The Escapist.

I can guarantee you that Nick posting things that are interesting to him will in no way impact me posting things that are interesting to me. Wordpress posts are not a finite resource here at Qt3! :)

I promise that Tom's writing will be as funny and smart as ever while I post these general industry news stories.

Tom, as the GameSpot story (that the PC Gamer story links to) says, we made job offers to some of the IGN/IPL staff, we were also interested in picking up some of the IPL technology and other
assets in support of our own initiatives, and this did not
have anything to do with any Blizzard-related continuation of the IPL. What we announced yesterday is consistent with that. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime for clarification and whatnot.