Blizzard North gone

Here’s the GameSpot story.

Sounds like Diablo 3 was nowhere near completion, in spite of having been in development for a long time already.

Probably because the guys who made the last ones made Guild Wars and are making Hellgate!

etc

Or in the new studio that NCSoft opened near Blizzard.

Two of three Lead Designers of WoW aren’t coming from Blizzard, you can wonder how much is left of the original company.

Probably because the guys who made the last ones made Guild Wars and are making Hellgate!

etc[/quote]

To be fair, although all the ex-Blizzard people at Arena.net did work on Diablo none of us worked at Blizzard North. Your comment about Hellgate: London is on the money though.

Were you Diablo guys the ones that engineered the super-cool infrastructure GW has? Seriously, although I’m not playing anymore, GW has the best backend stuff I have ever seen.

Pat Wyatt and Mike O’brien who were responsible for a lot of the Blizzard network stuff are the ones behind the GW technology so in effect it’s basically the same people.

Nice good stuff there.

So I guess there is no timetable on Diablo3? That has to be one of my most anticipated games, whenever it comes out.