Blizzcon '09 Announced, so who's going?

I’m hoping beyond hope to make it this year. Is anyone else planning to go?

Dates? I haven’t seen a formal announcement.

aug 21-22 I though.

And just like that, the PR release arrives.

BLIZZCON® 2009 ANNOUNCED

Blizzard Entertainment® gaming celebration to return to Anaheim Convention Center on August 21-22

IRVINE, Calif. – February 17, 2009 – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for its fourth BlizzCon® gaming convention, to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on Friday, August 21 and Saturday, August 22. BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment®’s Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® universes. In response to the festival’s increasing popularity, this year’s event has been expanded from three convention halls to four.

I’ll try to make it this year. I’ve never been. In the past, it’s always come at a bad time or when I was at a low point in my WoW interest and therefore felt no interest in going.

Well, the plus side is that we don’t have to fly to goddam Paris this time.

(yes, I’m aware that that was the WWI and not BlizzCon, but let’s be real. They’re the same event with different names)

Blizzard throws a fan convention like nobody’s business. I went last year and was blown away by the coordination and effort that goes into it.

If I can wrangle together the funds and the time, I’m definitely going to go again! (I hope there’s a nice WoW gift too)

I’ll be there working, but should have time for some fun …

I’ll definitely be there to pwn me some SC2 noobs.