Blizzcon 2009: The Thread

Now classes… Troll Druid, Tauren Paladin.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Level cap will be 85. That will keep players busy for a couple weeks… lol

Archaeology

More info at the panels. I’m a little disappointed that the leaked info didn’t turn out to be a red herring.

I guess I’ll stop levelling my human rogue, as I assume Worgen will be able to be rogues

Something about a “guild leveling system”…

Eurogamer agrees:

21:12:55 -
I know I am.
21:12:45 -
The Worgen looked very, very cool. Horde players are going to be sick with jealousy.

Yaaay, all the rumors are true about the expansion! How encouraging!

NIGHT ELF MAGES

Do I win something now?

Night elf mages??? Whack.

It stuttered and stopped on me in the middle of the WoW expansion trailer. Bastards.

It’s ok, but I was really hoping for the Emerald Dream or some place new. I like new things, not recycled old things. That’s just me. There were so many other things they could have done and still had some of these new features. I just find it much more disappointing than the other things they could have done.

The new race and the new race/class combos do absolutely nothing for me, unless they add more character slots per server, as I have too many characters that I am not going to delete.

About the only things that are cool to me are flying in Azeroth, and some of the new dungeons. The revitalized Desolace looked kinda cool, but I really wanted a new place to explore. I’m an explorer.

$40 well spent!

Starcraft 2 beta this year according to Mike Morhaime (President / CEO). Nice!

Fuck. You win. I’d put a “bow” smiley here, but I’m too lazy.

LOL!!!

Things not leakes before:
Archeology, new guild features and new character progression.

Wow seems Blizzard got some serious leak inside this time.
Bet they are not amused! ;)

Night Elf mages is a pretty major retcon.

What? Still no bards?

Fuck Blizzard. /cancelsubscriptions

Blizzard.com is dead at the moment. For me, anyway.

And yeah, I guess they decided to just dump the class/race limitations completely. sigh

Nope, still not able to make a Dwarf Warlock :(

I’m not too excited so far – my gut reaction is that we’re paying for half an expansion, half a patch. I like the idea of redoing the old world, but not paying $40 for it. But initial reactions are often wrong, and I’m sure more will come out that interests me further.

As a complete lore geek, I’m annoyed as well.