Blizzcon tickets on sale now

To hell with you guys for living in the states. I want to go to Blizzcon.

That really blows. Their site was down the entire time I was able to try and buy them, and now they’re gone.

I’m planning to go on vacation in Asia after this project is over.

Maybe I should plan a stop at Singapore along with Japan, Taiwan and China.

Definitely do that, idrisz. If I’m still living here we can hang out.

Nothing but site errors every time I tried. I really wanted to throw Blizzard more money, but no dice.

I was chatting with someone at work about blizzcon 2007, apparently 2007 was sold out in first 3 days, but more tickets went on sale again later, even a couple weeks before the event.

Maybe it’s the same this year, more tickets will become available.

If you were unable to secure tickets, please keep in mind that DIRECTV will be broadcasting BlizzCon live from the Anaheim Convention Center on October 11 and 12.

I feel so much better.

Edit: it’s PPV – ha! doubly so, then.

You do get the polar bear mount for your $40, though.

But wait, there’s more.

Blizzard Gamers,

On behalf of everyone at Blizzard, I want to apologize for the challenges and frustrations you experienced while trying to purchase BlizzCon tickets on Monday and Tuesday. BlizzCon is about the positive experiences you all have had with Blizzard games. As a result of this week’s events, the excitement that many of you felt about the show has turned into dissatisfaction and disappointment.

Due to these circumstances, we’ve reevaluated our convention hall space and come up with some solutions that will allow us to offer 3,000 more tickets for sale. We know this will not be enough to satisfy the very high level of demand for tickets this year, but we want to ensure that BlizzCon remains a great experience for those of you who are able to attend. To avoid the issues many of you faced this week, we’ll be selling these 3,000 via a lottery. We’ll post further details once our plans are finalized. Please note that the lottery will only be open to those with an active Blizzard Account as of 9:00 PM PDT on August 12, the time that the “Sold Out” notice was posted.

I, and everyone else at Blizzard, share the frustration and disappointment that many of you have expressed as a result of this process. We’ll do what it takes to avoid this type of situation in the future.

Sincerely,
Mike Morhaime

Not a bad solution to what happened.

Kudos to Blizzard for handling this problem that way.
Other companies would have said: “Sucks to be you” and carried on.

Printing Blizzcon ticket is like printing money…

Hopefully they’ll just keep it as a lotto. It’s the only way to really be fair about the whole thing. The first year it took like 2 weeks to sell out, the next year 2 days, and now 15 minutes. This should be a lesson to them.

Hey for those of you who got tickets, didn’t you have to enter the name on the badge when you got the tickets? So if someone were to buy the tickets on ebay, how would they get in? Are these people straight out scammers or can you actually change the name on the ticket when you get there? Curious.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&dfsp=32&from=R40&satitle=blizzcon+ticket&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32%26fsoo%3D2&fgtp=

I guess that explains how they sold so fast.

what people should do is, bid on all those tickets on ebay that’s pick up only, and comes blizzcon, just don’t show up.

That’s the thing, I thought that they couldn’t be turned over because they were named, unlike your standard concert ticket. Now if I’m wrong, then Blizzard is just stupid. But if I’m right, these guys are straight out scammers.

Considering that one person selling a ticket has bids at six thousand dollars, I’d say there are likely lots of scammers on both sides.

you can turn over the ticket, but you have literally meet up with the guy who is selling it during blizzcon and get the ticket from then after they claim it.

In order to claim the tickets you have to show up with the credit card used to purchase the ticket.

what would be funny if Blizzard check your ID vs the name on the tag when entering the Blizzcon.

See that’s what scares me (and of course these people aren’t saying). If they check id, you are totally hosed. I wish Blizzard would a) check id and b) say so up front so this wouldn’t happen. One wonders how fast the tickets would have sold out if they did this.

UPDATE from Blizzard’s Blizzcon forum:

" We recently announced that we will be offering 3,000 more BlizzCon 2008 tickets for sale via a drawing. Soon, eligible Blizzard Account holders who created accounts prior to 9:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 will be able to opt in for a chance to purchase up to two tickets to the show. We’re aware that many players are waiting for this drawing, and we appreciate your continued patience as we finalize the details. We’ll have more information to share here and on our other websites early next week.

Please note that a Blizzard Account is an account created for the Blizzard Online Store – as opposed to an account created for a Blizzard game, such as World of Warcraft. If you have any questions regarding Blizzard Accounts, please read our Blizzard Account FAQ.

http://www.blizzard.com/store/
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=22764 "