Block traffic with your buddy in Bus Simulator 18

Title Block traffic with your buddy in Bus Simulator 18
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When May 31, 2018

https://youtu.be/XdkE12IB2yk

To Americans, The Bus Simulator series is one of those inscrutably European things like mayonnaise on fries or courtesy…

Read the full article

dsb1

Ha ha, what? Who are these happy, smiling people playing online games? “Hi there, let me pass you by!” “OK” “Thanks!” I’ll maybe buy that that’s how Europeans play, but then the yank joins in and doesn’t start smashing everything in sight? Sure, ok buddy. Maybe if he just had his wisdom teeth cut out.

To be fair, Europeans don’t get the Bus Simulator franchise either. OMSI is where it’s at for buses.

Not getting my hopes up, but I would definitely like a good Berlin bus sim:

Seems to be a pretty bare bones EA release:

I’ve ridden that bus!

It’s out (in EA). Early Steam reviews are very positive, aside from some performance issues.

Darn, I was hoping Berlin would first be recreated in a GTA game. I’m trying to wrap my head around whether driving a bus route would make for interesting gameplay or not.

Well, I bought it. Wouldn’t normally, but I needed something to keep me occupied while I watch the Snyder cut for HDTGM.

The city looks a lot better than the cities in ETS/ATS. Not just the 1:1 scale, but things like the buildings having interiors, albeit faked ones, real brands (and seemingly in the right places, at least the ones I recall like the Galeria Kaufhof at Alexanderplatz), and decent night-time lighting thanks to UE4. That said, I’m seeing an awful lot of screen tearing, even with V-sync on, and plenty of assorted graphical glitches. It’s super rough, on top of the very limited feature-set.

Control is a little janky. Doesn’t seem to be possible to do it all with a controller - haven’t fully tested it yet but it seems you need to use the mouse for ticket purchases.

Can’t really speak to the sim side of it, not having played OMSI, but there’s lot’s of potential.