Blood Bowl 2 asks for a do-over

It was a good game with last minute touch downs for both of us. I was just annoyed at how easy it was for them to dodge out of tackle zones. Every single time.

Heh - that’s Elves for you. It’s always tough to stop Elves from scoring (the Dwarves last match was the first time that happened for me, and I felt hard done by luck in that game), though you made it extremely hard for me too. So kudos right back at you for defensive play.

And yeah - the internet thing was really annoying and I’m honestly glad it didn’t cost you the game.

It was super close. There was little chance of me winning, but man, because of the internet, I lost the ability to move my skink with the ball the second the last turn. That final turn, I had a skink complete 1 dodge, pick up for 37%, than dodge out again, than pass the ball to a second skink to score. And 0 Rerolls.

Man, that was pure luck. If you had won, that would have sucked, but I could not get around your defense and it would have been fair. But I think the tie was legit, even if I got lucky to get it.

And that score of yours. I really thought I had you stopped in your tracks.

Damnit, my Saurus rolled an 11. I had a Skink and a Saurus level up after the game, but my Saurus rolled the 11. I guess I’ll give him block, unless anyone can think of a good reason to give my Saurus 2 Agility.

By the way, I think I have solved my internet issue going forward. Previously, I had internet going through the power lines (old computer doesn’t have wifi), but a couple of months back I got a wifi booster that allows for a cable going out. I replaced my powerline internet connection with the booster. Hopefully it will have fewer dropped packages.

Yeah - +AG on a Saurus really isn’t worth it, ever. “Me Saurus. Me Hit!” as the commentary goes.

I think you would have gotten around me in time for a touchdown if the internet slowdown had not opened up that opportunity for me to jump your ball carrier with a blitz, so I agree the bit of luck required there at the end was deserved. It was a good/fun game.

Finally grabbed this. I guess the legendary edition doesn’t include all the teams, so I’ll have to grab the team bundle next steam sale. Do they plan to add all the CRP teams to the game?

are the production values any better this time around? i bought the first one way back on stardock’s impulse platform and it felt like it used Visual Basic UI controls and Windows system fonts.

They are already in!

I know this was a design decision, but it’s one I hate. Tiered teams. It’s okay in table top, where you play against people of different levels of skill, but it sucks in an online setting. It just takes teams off the field.

I just finished a game against Goblins, were the opposing player conceded in the first half. Did not see a way to win. And there wasn’t that much, against a partial developed team of Lizardmen.

I was the goblin!

It wasn’t a rage quit as there was just no way that was even going to become a tie. One of your skinks would have picked up the ball and scored the next turn for 2-0 by turn 6, with the goblins getting no more secret weapons at that point. Sticking around for the 40k winnings wasn’t worth the injuries I’d be wracking up, and SPP are mostly a detriment to goblins.

But I would like to gripe at the altar of Nuffle:

• Secret weapon teams are at a big disadvantage if they don’t get to start on offense. I don’t think I’ve won a single coin toss all season.

• I was weighing using my 360k inducements on either a chef and a foul or Ripper star player and 2 fouls. I opted for the chef, and promptly rolled 1 reroll for him :. (I’m thinking a decent balance change would be to just have chefs provide +2/-2 rerolls rather than rolling. They’re GG in either direction if you roll a ‘1’ or a ‘3’)

• I failed 5 out of 8 of my 2+ rolls in the first couple of turns. This in a season where centaurs make virtually every agility roll >_O

• Every…single…movement my fanatic made was in exactly the one space I didn’t want him to go.

Last game. It was pretty good, but I lost. Oh well.

Not bad for my first tournament in the game. I think I’m 7th or 8th place.

There’s always (maybe? seemed like attrition was bad this time) next season!

I’ll think about it.

Between BB and Dominions 5, it’s hard to decide what to obsess over.

I highly recommend checking out the Yo Gobba Gobba vs Marvelous Midgets replay. Surprisingly came down to the wire for the 1st place and dead last team showdown.

Secret weapons!

Both sides suffering around 4 disastrous rolls and key moments!

Death!

700k+ inducements! Wizards! Fouls! Morg n’ Thorg!!!

I’ve finally started playing this and enjoying it. Right now I’m playing the Reikland campaign, but I think I will jump into leagues soon.

I guess Cyanide is working on a Blood Bowl 3 for this year to go with the release of the new board game edition.

I would pick up the expansion if it ever goes on sale. It FINALLY pads the roster out to what it was in BB1.

Anybody still playing this? Think I might pick it up, might even join a league. Been thinking about it for a very long time and I just happened to see it’s on sale for a historic low right now. @Infested_terran the Official Expansion is on sale, too, it think it’s probably just a short-lived flash sale like the base game though: https://gg.deals/dlc/blood-bowl-2-official-expansion/

I set up a league with a few people at work, none of whom had ever played. It has been hard to get going, though everybody claims to like it.

The last round of the league we had here didn’t go very well (quite a few people unable or unwilling to stick through to the end), so I’m not sure if it’s dead. @Juan_Raigada? I still love the game and would be happy to get a consistent league going somewhere.

They announced 3 was in development over a year ago, but I haven’t heard anything about it since.

League is sadly dead. I had serious family issues at the time and had to step down, and after that round finished it sort of collapsed.

I have been thinking lately about setting up a new league (we are also thinking of setting up one at work), but now that my kid is older and work is peaking, I don’t think I can do inter-timezone scheduling as easily. Playing at 1-2am would be really draining now.

I actually did end up picking up the expansion.

And right about that time, all the leagues I knew died and I never got to try any of it!