Blood Bowl 2 asks for a do-over

I think I killed another player last week, and that was with my Big Guy out with a broken forelimb. My Lizardmen have been lethal, despite me not playing all that aggressively.

It looks like I got an Achievement for 5 kills two weeks ago, and I just fired up the game to see that I did get another last week. I am getting 1 kill/game and I think I only have fouled a single time after the other team did it, most likely because we got the event that the refs were bribed or something.

Anyways, a fragile team like the Skaven must really be dependent upon mortalities affect upon their season.

I also see that Pillage People and Weedbowlers played this week and tied.

Finally, I was confusing the Norse teams, and I am just playing the Naked Gingers, but now that I am feeling more confident, they’ll probably roll over me.

This has been one of my most enjoyable MP-experiences despite the anxiety it causes me. Thanks for setting it all up and the invite Juan.

Yeah, I don’t know anything about playing Skaven, and watching the AI hasn’t taught me much…

My team composition is bad, too. Lineman seem mostly useless and counter to the general idea of a Skaven team (but I have a bunch of them). I was interested to see your team composition, too. Being 6 games behind hurts me, of course, but I guess the idea is your gutter runners score enough that they level up quickly. Yours are pretty effective blockers, which is (again) counter-intuitive to me.

Multiplayer Blood Bowl is one of my favorite gaming experiences. Period. It’s such a solid design, and so old too. Amazing it holds up like it does.

Gutter runners are versatile but fragile. Ideally you get one mutation early on and then you can develop a beast. A horns+wrestle/block Gutter runner is an amazing blitzer, for example.

I like having 2 offensive ones (wrestle-strip ball-tackle, unless mutations help) and 2 defensive ones (block-sidestep-sure hands).

Mutations just super specialize them, and should you roll a mythical AG5 gutter runner, give him leap next and watch him ignoring any defense the opposition can throw.

Then they die, but they do so gloriously. They are also cheapish to replace, but you always have an underdeveloped one because of attrition.

I sometimes like the Rat Ogre, but it’s a lot of money and TV. Most of the times I just can’t afford it, having to replace all my deaths and all that.

Storm Vermin are hard to level up, but Mighty Blow does help, specially in a league with so few bashy teams. Right now they are not contributing much.

Yeah, all that makes sense. I was just coming at it with a much more bashy mentality, so I started with a Rat Ogre and 5 linemen.

Ah, well. Still fun, and I’ll learn for next season, I guess. Like I said, though, I’m reasonably pleased with a tie and one dead player considering the circumstances.

Also, linerats have two roles.

1- protect your gutter runners
2- protect your gutter runners.

Not many races I havent played. I went chaos here just due to the fact we came in halfway. First match was a tie 1-1 had a chance to take the win mid second half but he played a nice recovery and sealed the tie. Thanks again for the invite! Played table top years ago ( 15) in college and absolutely love the game.

I watched the second half of your match. James is a pretty good player (got to the playoffs last league) and ran a good attack, but not air tight. It was a good match, at least the half I watched.

Yes excellent game. James did a nice job of pulling me to far out of range to recover. i realized to late I was over drawn :)

Thank you for reminding me of that (i was the lizard). Now that i think of that play, i should have made a loose cage instead of a tight one so Juan got even less chance of doing that but oh well.

Atleast my players bathed in skaven blood and got some nice level ups out of it.

You also were very unlucky in your saurus injury rolls, losing 2 of them and very conservative with your skinks in defense and offense. That meant you spent all your offensive players in your cage and unless you brought back the skinks into the game, it was going to be a log to advance those last 6-8 spaces (I think you had no rerolls left? I can’t remember). Honestly, I was not expecting to score, but to take the ball out from the Krox and hope the rain made you fail the pickups.

But it was a very close and very good game. You did a great job of keeping my numbers down (I’m going to be suffering those consequences for a while) so to make my game really hard. I think it should have been a tie, but I got lucky in the couple of places where it mattered.

Yep i didnt know what to do with the skinks most of the game and should have been more agressive with them. Was the more interesting game i had in the league so far :p

My killing streak has ended and I was unable to do any serious damage to the Pillage People. I even fouled them a few times. They bought a bribe, and then the game threw a couple of bribes out to both teams on kickoffs, so fouling was very common. Anyway to tell how many bribes your team has?

I was able to give them a loss. I failed my first two Going for Its, and was bemoaning that fact. After that, Lady Luck smiled on me. Well, except for Injuries. One of my saurii got a serious concussion, and I was only able to able to dish out a minor injury, despite many more successful blocks and his terrible armor rating. At the end of the game he did have 4 KO’d men lying next to the one injured player.

I just played a game against wood elves with my lizards, in which i inflicted a total of 2 KOs and 1 injure. I could barely break his armor, It didn’t go well for me.

Damm you nuffle.

Was the injury one with lasting effects? On a good player???

I’m playing him next :P

You wish.

Also i played really badly.

Had an incredible game against the second best team (Jeff’s Pillage People). My team was woefully underdeveloped, and the Wizard I managed to buy was not very effective.

However, late first half I managed to get me in a position to maybe win the game scoring twice to none in one half.

And just right that two consecutive ones ended my turn short, not only taking away the score, but allowing him to throw like 6 blocks at me, one after the other. Causing several injuries and giving me such a disadvantage that I though the match was done for.

But then a crazy kick off event in the second half and some good play allowed me to yet score again.

Jeff managed to tie the game (I made a slight defensive mistake and he succeeded in several rolls, but by that time I had like 3-4 players on the pitch, so I couldn’t do much other than wait for his mistake).

At the end I got a draw against a more developed team, and the most fun match I’ve played in a long time.

I also managed to take out permanently one of his best players (he had to fire it) and suffered no permanent damage on my side.

Right now the positions 2 to 7 in the leader board have only a 5 point spread between them!!! This is a tight league.

Do you guys stream your matches?

I had a great game against the number one team, despite my lizards being totally unable to do any damage. Some of that was my fault as I started the game with a small team of skinks. I just don’t know how to handle elves yet, but skinks aren’t the answer. I had over twice as many blocks, but caused fewer injuries. I didn’t even stun that many.

Plus, the elves didn’t fail a single pass attempt. I had a couple of chances for a draw, but got a couple of bad rolls. One was on a turnover, falling down on a single 83% Going for It roll. My big guy failed his loner roll, so I couldn’t use the team reroll.

One highlight was a successful handoff to a lineman on the last play of the first half to score a touchdown. That made it a 3-2 game at the half, and I tied it up after the half because he had to kickoff to me. I just couldn’t keep him from scoring. I also struggled to keep my cage intact to even grind out a draw, because my big guy would choose the worst times to take a nap, or some other silly situation would arise. Those often being his blitzers taking out my heavily armored lizards, while I could barely scratch his naked elves.

Finally, he just outcoached me. I made a couple of mistakes, but if he did, I am not skilled enough to see them. It was a great game in a great league.

I don’t think anyone is streaming in an official capacity, but I’ve heard some league members are watching league games they aren’t participating in. @Juan_Raigada will likely know the details on that.