Blood on the Clocktower Game 2 (complete)

Welcome to Blood on the Clocktower, a game of social deduction, bluffing, and death!

A demon stalks the town of Ravenswood Bluff, killing citizens each night. It’s up to the loyal townsfolk to deduce which of them is secretly this demon and to execute them before they all succumb to its machinations.

We will be using the Trouble Brewing “script” for this game of Blood on the Clocktower. More information about which roles are available and what they do can be found here:

https://bloodontheclocktower.com/wiki/Trouble_Brewing

A “cheat sheet” with all of the possible roles and their abilities can be found here:

The Order of Operations at night can be found here:

The official rulebook is here:

And the official character almanac (mostly the same information as the wiki) is here:

Basic Gameplay:

Each Night Phase, the storyteller (that’s me) will message each player with an ability that functions during the night and resolve those abilities.

Each Day Phase begins with a report of who, if anyone, died the previous night. Then, players can discuss and share information. Finally, players can nominate one another to be executed.

• Each individual player may only nominate someone for execution once each day
  • Each individual player may only be nominated for execution once each day

When nominated, a player will be given the opportunity to present a defense. After that, I will call for voting. Voting is done openly and in thread. Voting is done in player seating order, starting with the player one seat clockwise from the nominee, and proceeding clockwise around the circle such that the nominee is the last to vote. Once cast, a vote may not be changed. If you wish to vote before your turn, feel free to PM me with your voting instructions and I will insert them into the thread at the correct time. Open discussion is permitted during the voting period, Private discussion is not. After all players have voted, the votes will be counted. If there are a number of YES votes greater than or equal to half the number of living players, then the nominee is “about to die.” If not, then they are safe for that day.

After a vote ends, nominations continue. If another player is nominated and receives a greater number of YES votes than the player who is “about to die” then they become “about to die” instead. If another player receives the same number of YES votes as the player who is “about to die” then neither of them will be executed at day’s end.

The day ends when there are no further nominations, either because the players choose not to nominate anyone else, or because the players cannot legally nominate anyone else.

Note: There can only ever be one execution per day. This means that if a player’s ability executes someone (actually executes, not just kills them) during the day, the day will end immediately.

Death:

When a player dies, their ability ceases to function (unless otherwise noted), and they are given a vote token. They can spend this token to vote YES on any ONE nomination. Dead players can still participate in discussion and do not gain any new information upon death (unless their character ability states otherwise).

Victory conditions:

• The GOOD team wins if there is no living demon. The EVIL team wins if there are only two players left alive, the demon and one other.
  • There are character abilities that can provide alternate victory/loss conditions. For this game those characters are the Mayor (good wins if there are three people alive and no execution) and the Saint (good loses if the saint is executed)

Role Categories:

• Townsfolk: Townsfolk are on the GOOD team. Their abilities help their team achieve victory
  • Outsiders: Outsiders are on the GOOD team. Their abilities hinder their team. There are a limited number of outsiders in play based on the number of players in a game
  • Minions: Minions are on the EVIL team. Their abilities disrupt the good team or provide cover for the demon. The minions know who the demon is and who each other are, but don’t know the other minions’ specific roles.
  • Demon: The demon is on the EVIL team. The demon kills someone each night. If the demon dies, the evil team loses. The demon knows who the minions are and knows three roles which aren’t in play, but doesn’t know the minions’ specific roles.

Final notes:

This game allows for private conversations between players, so long as the fact that players are having a secret conversation is itself not a secret. To that end, if you are having a private conversation with another player about the game, please indicate in thread with a post such as “Player A whispers to Player B” or “Players A, B, and C are having a sidebar conversation”

Abilities that target players can target any player, living or dead.

Please let me know if things seem confusing or if I missed anything and I’ll be glad to clarify.

I plan on waiting at least a day or so before starting the game for people to get word and filter in.

Current list of interested parties:

@matt_w
@lantz
@perky_goth
@scottagibson
@CF_Kane
@Juan_Raigada
@craigM
@CaseyRobinson
@rowe33
@jostly

Feel free to tag people you think would enjoy this game

I’ll try again

Thanks for remembering my tentative interest :)

Unfortunately I will have to pass - my schedule will not permit me to participate in a meaningful way.

Enjoy all!

Alright, it’s been a day and a bit. I am going to set things up and resolve night 1, but it being the weekend means that things will probably take a bit of time to actually start moving.

Looks like a 10 player game once again, so the setup is:

7 Townsfolk, 0 Outsiders, 2 Minions, 1 Demon

Oh boy!

Yippee! Thanks again for running the game @Lodgium.

A new day dawns on the town of Ravenswood Bluff as the many citizens are shocked to discover the freshly mangled corpse of their storyteller, his blood dripping down the front steps of the clock tower. It is clear now that a demon stalks among you, and that you must discover and expunge this evil before you are all met with a similarly grisly fate.

Town Square
@rowe33 Alive
@perky_goth Alive
@craigM Alive
@CaseyRobinson Alive
@scottagibson Alive
@jostly Alive
@Juan_Raigada Alive
@lantz Alive
@CF_Kane Alive
@matt_w Alive

Night 1 is over, Day 1 Dawns, and the game is afoot!

Thanks for hosting @Lodgium

Anyone want to declare roles? I will decline at this time.

Peanut gallery is watching!

insert popcorn gif or something here

I’m one of the Townsfolk.

Me too, but unwilling to disclose who yet.

I am a townsfolk as well, whose nature requires I decline at this time.

I’ll let you know as soon as relevant.

On account of last game, let’s get me killed early this time! It’s been pleasurable 5 minutes. Also, someone has to say something public.

Due to a mixed message with Lodgium (I wanted to check those around me on the virtual table, not necessarily on the pregame player list), I can now tell this fine town one of Lantz and Scott is a bit hornier this game.
Let me just finish writing my will now.

I am neither a Demon nor a Minion. Trust me on that.

Edit: Also, regarding any mix up on who you checked, I think it is always a good idea to check @Lantz in any game.

Why would you out yourself to start the game with this info instead of trying to hide to get more?

Someone needs to say something, and saying something is how you can gain some trust, especially publicly.

It’s not a bad piece of info to start with, but remember there might be a recluse in play.

I think a good idea good be for outsiders to out themselves, if there’s any. Specially the Saint.

CraigM passes a note to @Perky_Goth

Fair point, I have no reason to suspect outsiders are in play.

Yet.