What was before known as “Project Beast” it now has a title: Bloodborne.
Info thanks to duckroll on NeoGaf.
Some information from Famitsu:
- Directed by Demon’s & Dark Souls creator Hidetaka Miyazaki
- Spring 2015 release window
- They started work on this right after finishing Artorias of the Abyss, targeting Sony’s new hardware
- The world and story is completely new, and the setting takes full advantage of the PS4’s capabilities
- They’re targeting 30fps at 1080p
- The keywords for the game is “blood” and “beast”
- There will be melee and long range weapons (guns) this time
- Character customization is confirmed
- There will be no map display in the game
- He wants combat to not just focus on action but also the strategic element
- The combat in the game is designed to feel like a life or death struggle
- There will be online elements of some sort, and it will involve players “discovering” together
Gameplay Clips (not new):
Official Sony PR blurb:
Introducing Bloodborne, the latest Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, exclusively for the PlayStation®4 system. Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive.
- A Terrifying New World: Journey to a horror-filled gothic city where deranged mobs and nightmarish creatures lurk around every corner.
- Strategic Action Combat: Armed with a unique arsenal of weaponry, including guns and saw cleavers, you’ll need wits, strategy and reflexes to take down the agile and intelligent enemies that guard the city’s dark secrets.
- A New Generation of Action RPG: Stunningly detailed gothic environments, atmospheric lighting, and advanced new online experiences showcase the power and prowess of the PlayStation®4 system.
Sounds promising! I hope that it’s just as expansive and engaging as the Souls games. This is being published by Sony so like Demon’s Souls I would expect this to stay PS4 exclusive.