Bloodborne - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor's Spiritual Successor

I am tempted to go down the ladder, enter the lecture hall and see how many blood echoes I would get for killing everything in that first floor lecture room. They don’t like the flamethrower. :)

It’s around 19k with runes I think.

Pretty close but not quite.

So WTF is up with the Micolash (or whatever) fight. I get him half way down in a super easy fight, knowing full well some change is about to take place where I get my ass handed to me, and he runs out of the room and I never see him again. I searched for 10 minutes probably and finally just homeward boned out because I had no idea WTF to do.

I guess that’s why wiki’s and youtube exist?

Oh my god that fight was so annoying. You just have to chase him, I think. I can’t really remember, but that fight was not fun.

No it’s amazing and so is Micolash. The arena you fight him in changes, so after he flees you want to run out the door and head up the stairs. There will be a new doorway on the top floor that leads to a staircase. One path takes you to some loot, the other takes you to a new area where you’ll find Micolash, who will try to run away from you. You’ll need to chase him into a corner again to be able to finish the fight.

I don’t think you know what that word means. :)

The atmosphere and Micolash’s ranting are great. Hearing those otherwise great lines for the tenth time because I can’t find the golden path through this goddamn maze is not. After a minute or two they should have had the little guys that hold up the messages (can’t remember the name) direct you to the correct path in increasing numbers until you can’t possibly miss it.

In fact they are called messengers.

I love that you can put hats on them.

The last critical path boss is the strongest of the bunch but still isn’t that great. The One Reborn and Micolash suck start-a-leaf blower. Unseen Village and Nightmare of Mensis are terrible. Don’t get me wrong, I like the ideas here, not the execution.

Why not let them be happy and revel as babes?

If you’re talking about Mergo’s Wet Nurse I think that was my favorite boss of the whole game.

But the best bosses are clearly in the DLC! It has 3 amazing bosses and 1 dud.

That’s the conventional wisdom, but I didn’t particularly enjoy any of them. They were fine, which by the standards of other games makes them spectacular, but the orphan in particular was a grueling shitfest. The nurse on the other hand I found very cinematic, I really enjoyed that one.

Sorry anyway if I’m shitting on the game too much. I really like it. I actually worked on it. My name is in the credits somewhere.

Oh no shit, what’d you do?

I did network performance, compatibility, and bandwidth analysis using network emulation software, wireshark, and a variety of in-house tools. I did find a lot of critical issues and FromSoft fixed literally everything, which is actually rare. I did this for every Sony published online game.

The best bosses are Father Gascoigne and Gehrman.

I enjoyed the first, the other I found kind of annoying, but at least the camera behaved!

I haven’t finished the game, and for the most part I have left the dungeons alone, but playing this now has really helped me see the evolution of DS3. I have really enjoyed the setting, perhaps more than anything. I have always enjoyed these games more for the areas and getting to the boss than for the actual boss fights. Finding the shortcuts and working your way to the fog doors are the best part. I have been disappointed by the bosses though (I only have the base game). I know some people apparently don’t like the human type bosses featured so often in DS2 and DS3 but I kind of like that.

It has surprised me a little how much Bloodborne really is a “Dark Souls” game. I guess FROM would have to sue themselves though over the likenesses. You basically rename everything and change a few mechanics and bingo, it’s a souls game. I think seeing this game and placing it with the others pretty much shows why the DS games are done. I think they had really run out of original ideas and were basically just designing by rote.

I have half an area and a couple bosses and I am done.

Is there any way within the game to tell if something is considered “beast” or “kin”? With the upper level blood gems that can make quite a difference.

Micolash Cage is now dead. Damn that was annoying, but he died the first time I got him in the second room. The boss at the top of the Upper Cathedral, Ergobeth Something or Other, she is a bitch. They really needed a boss that not only shoots frenzy shit, can one shot you with a left cross, but at the halfway point has murderous magic missiles shoot from her head. Yea.