Bloodborne - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor's Spiritual Successor

This is a 2015 release, right? RIGHT? I cannot afford a console this year.

Yeah, early 2015. Reportedly by March.

Seconded. Never owned a PS or XBox; will buy a PS4 just for this game. Hopefully they put out a sequel too for the same console!

Plenty of alpha footage floating around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAHov-Gsl10

I love the enemies. Don’t know what’s going on with the soapstone messages though.

The Chalice was revealed today at the Playstation Experience, a randomly generated, multiplayer dungeon.

Which is totally hot. Random dungeons with friends sounds like a good time.

Vaati discusses it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v6gWCrNWU0. There are a couple new enemies I didn’t see in the canned gameplay video, so watch out for spoilers.

I’m sure an optional dungeon is fun and all and there’s no reason not to include it, but I have to admit there is something lost in this series when enemies and rooms are slapped together. The challenge areas in the first two DLCs of Dark Souls 2 felt like that.

This series is starting to get stale to me, and I don’t like the fact that the action in this one seems more over-the-top. I’ll still play it though, but after playing so much Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls 1, I haven’t been too anxious to get into DS2 yet, and Bloodborne’s next gen graphics are nice, but I don’t like the design direction.

At this point you might as well wait for the DS2 re-release with better graphics.

Is this coming to PC at some point or is it a console only title?

DeepT, this is co-produced by Sony similar to Demon’s Souls which never released outside of PS3.

Woah, how did I not know about this?? I started DS2 on the 360 but lost interest early on. And that’s after absolutely loving the first two.

Bloodborne is pre-ordered so I’ll be set in about a month. Really looking forward to it!

Add me to the crew that have pre-ordered Bloodborne. The callbacks to Demon’s Souls in the trailer were the last straw; resistance broken. Were it not for this and Persona 5, I think I could have avoided getting a PS4 altogether.

Is there any word on a PS4 Bloodborne bundele?

The straight PS4 deal on Amazon (which gives Last of Us Remastered, Killzone, and Infamous Second Son) is pretty great. I just grabbed that and Bloodborne separately. I think there was a bundle listed at one point but it’s long since disappeared.

I think I will do that. I want the collector’s edition anyway. I’m as giddy as a schoolgirl. Unfortunately, release date coincides with my wedding anniversary.

The more I see on this game the more excited I get. The 24th can’t come soon enough.

Here’s a link the the latest Vaati video:

I think that video sold me. It looks a heck of a lot better there. Please random co-op dungeons, be good. You don’t have to be anymore, but it would be nice.

Yeah. I’m considering pre-ordering so I can have the game pre-downloaded and ready to play on the 24th.

This is the first game that’s made me think about making an bad decision in purchasing a PS4. Hopefully it ends up on PC sometime in the future, before I do unwise things with my money. :)