Bloodborne - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor's Spiritual Successor

The Whirligig Saw has S scaling with strength when you max it out so your 30 is not wasted. You start seeing some diminishing returns at 25 but it really drops off at 50. At that point—and assuming you’re still using the saw—you’re better off putting points into arcane, which it has B scaling with.

Plus, some points in arcane let you mess around with the hunter tools. I think Beast Roar has a pretty low requirement and is a nice tool if you find yourself getting surrounded a lot. Just remember that most (all?) of the tools consume bullets on use.

There are quite a few upgrade materials in the DLC and at some point you’ll unlock the ability to buy all of the (even the rock) from the insight vendor.

I saved up some souls and got Ludwig’s Holy Blade. I like it better than my ax in some situations. I think I still prefer the ax when I need a long powerful reach. I got to and beat The Witch of Hemwick on my first try. That was a pretty fun battle.

And now the boss 3-some after that has humbled me several times - although the last one I got close to bringing it down to one on one.

So I went back and got the gatling gun guy. But that turned out to be a dead end. A fun dead end, where I got two new weapons, but a dead end. It’s funny that the main game had, what, 6 weapons total, and I’ve already found that many already in the DLC, I think.

So hey, this worked. I won’t say what worked exactly, since that’d be a spoiler, I guess. But it’s funny that if these two gals hadn’t followed me, and fought me on their ground, I pretty much think they’d be impossible for me to beat. But because they followed me and fought me where I wanted to fight them, they were pretty trivial to beat. I wonder if there’s someone out there on the internet who has actual beaten them on their ground?

I fought them in the hospital, if that’s what you mean. The beds block most of Amelia’s shots so I just kept them between me and her until I killed her friend. After that she’s pretty easy to rush down.

Yeah, I had to use the beds to fight around and keep them separated.

After having a lot of trouble with the 3 shadows (or whatever they were called), I managed to get an error free run a them and won fairly easily. I then tried a chalice dungeon for the first time and went 3 levels down. The levels themselves felt rather generic, but the boss fights were pretty good.

I just found a list of recommended character levels for the different bosses and locations.

I’m pretty sure I’ve been under these levels for many of the areas and bosses. I just beat the The Shadows of Yharnam and I’m level 38. Gamespot says you should be level 50+. Are you finding you are below these recommended levels too? I have really only done grinding when I need some healing potions. but maybe I should gain some levels to make my life a little easier.

Urgggg, Rom is super tedious. I haven’t even gotten through the entire battle yet and it feels like enough to make me want to quit. It’s not even that it super difficult or anything - just very tedious and a mistake or two can set you back to square one.

You wouldn’t be alone. A lot of people quit at Rom.

But man, after you kill Rom shit gets real.

You’re supposed to say that I’ve seen the best bosses and levels already so it’s OK to quit! :-)

I’ll say that when you finish the dlc :)

There’s still lots of good stuff ahead. I’m impressed at how fast you’re getting through the game. I think you made the equivalent of a month of progress through the game when I played, and you did it in less than a week. At this rate, you’ll catch up to me by next week.

Edit, going back to my old posts, it looks like I played from Mid-May 2016 to Mid-July 2016, then took a break from the game. Then I played from Dec 22, 2016 to mid January 2017 and made no progress after the long break. And then I was afraid I’d make no progress in the nightmare area I was in again, so two weeks ago, mid April 2018, I started playing the DLC area. So I guess total I’m about 3 months of playtime into this game.

I’m pretty sure I put in a lot more hours per day though :-)

Once again the game manages to surprise me with a fresh area. The Research Hall has a new type of enemy and a fairly different atmosphere. And once again, I love the level layout. It doesn’t quite look like the interior of a building that could exist in real life, but in this deranged world, maybe it could.

Man I’ve tried to get by Rom and just can’t. I started rerunning some areas to level up. Maybe some more HP and stamina will help me survive long enough. I did get it down to around a 3rd of health. I’m currently up to level 42.

Leveling up seems to be a slower process than in Dark Souls. I think it was easier to get a bunch of souls in those games. I remember selling a bunch of boss weapons.

Rom is the big spider queen out in the ocean, right? I wish I remembered that fight so that I could give you advice.

You can rush Rom down but I usually do it the slow way. Circle around the outside and pick spiders off one at a time, keeping Rom in sight so you know when meteors are about to land on your head, then just sprint for a bit and repeat. Keep in mind that the attacks Rom uses are all based on how far you are from her, so usually being in medium range is better than being long range.

Once you get rid of the spiders get in close and deal with Rom. The teleport happens at certain health percentages and I’m pretty sure she takes extra damage during her teleport. So keep swinging at her as she disappears and try to time it so you have a bunch of stamina for heavy attacks at that time.

Later on, enjoy the rematch in the chalice dungeons! :)

Ugh. Rom. Yeah, that was a a tough one. I used the Tonitrus at +5(?). I tried thinning out the baby spiders and it just became hell after his 3rd teleport. Rushing him worked really well. Once he starts teleporting, keep on hitting him as he’ll continue to take damage. Then run over to where he appears and repeat.

Rom is significantly easier in co-op, since the teleports are based on health thresholds and co-op doesn’t add more spiders or phases. You can also use Beast Blood Pellets with Fire Paper and if you do enough damage you can stagger her and skip a phase.