Bloodborne - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor's Spiritual Successor

Thanks for the advise. That was pretty much what I was trying to do. Take out the little spiders, damage as much as I can before the teleport - rinse and repeat. The 2nd phase I take out the little guys and try to watch for Rom to stand up so I know I will need to roll. I’ve tried with the beast pellets and fire paper. I’ve tried the tonitrus, hunters ax, and the holy sword. I’ve tried with and without the NPC summons.

On a good note, while I was grinding for some leveling I realized I hadn’t beat Darkbeast Paarl, who I encountered earlier and lost. I went back and beat it. I think I’m up to level 48 now, so hopefully I can try Rom again later today. I’ve been leveling up health, endurance and some strength.

I got it! Man what a relief. I didn’t bother clearing the spiders in phase 2. I just kept circling and rushing.

Wow, Yahargul Chapel really kicks it up a notch. Getting triple teamed by a guy with a chain and his friends. They seem to be resistant to my damage or just have a lot of HP. Need to see what my damage numbers say. They are tough though.

Oh my god, that part was tough.

Killed the 3 buggers. Now I’ve got a couple paths to take and need to figure out where I am supposed to go.

The One Reborn is now the one killed.

I’d better get cracking tonight. My objective now is to finish the Research Hall before you catch up to where I am in the game.

You do have the DLC, right Rob? (It’s totally worth it, btw, it’s a full on expansion).

I was briefly in the Research Hall and went to a particular place in there and ended up in the next area. I must have missed quite a bit. I may be a little further than you unless you have been where I am already. I’m not sure if there are optional areas that I missed.

I don’t have the DLC. While I do like Bloodborne, I think if I want to play more of this type of thing I may want to replay Dark Souls 1 through 3. I never played the DS3 DLC yet either. I also have The Surge that I need to play. That will seem easy peasy after this I think.

Aside from Dark Souls 1, none of those games are as good as the Bloodborne DLC. Anyway, if you don’t have the DLC you weren’t in the Research Hall. You’re probably thinking of the Lecture Building.

Yep, I think you’re right.

On a side note, I’ve pretty much stopped using my firearm since the beginning of the game. For most things it seems easier to just whale on them and dodge when necessary. Parrying with the firearm is so much more difficult.

Micolash will no longer haunt my nightmares, may he rest in peace and escape his madness.

He was time consuming for me, because on my first several failures I would drain a lot of healing potions. So then I would need to grind for some blood and potions for my next attempt.

Love the Micolash fight. Or some say Micolashm. The voice actor does a great job and the way you kind of break out of the boss room into more boss room is really cool. And of course, “I’ll forget everything” is a wonderful and tragic last line, as he thinks he’s about to wake up instead of dying.

Plus, cool hat.

The wet nurse won’t be nursing anyone from now on. She took 2 tries. Once I got the attacks down she wasn’t too bad.

Love the music in that fight. And the boss design is amazing. Grats on killing a baby, you jerk.

I think i’m at the final confrontation now and lost it twice. It seems really difficult. Now sure if I am going to need to switch to the other choice.

I think you only get one chance to make that choice. Have fun!

btw this is actually the perfect point in the game to get the finest dlc available to humanity and go check it out.

What? You’re in the nightmare area? How did you figure out where to go?

I was kidnapped a couple times. That brought me to new areas. Maybe you’re too good a player so that didn’t happen for you. :-)

You seem to be correct. I may be stuck in purgatory!

Actually, maybe I’ll stop playing here, before I end it and maybe I’ll pick up the DLC next year at some point when it goes on sale.