Bloodborne - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor's Spiritual Successor

old yharnam area? he’s on top of a roof …

Ohhhhh, yeah. Djura. It is somewhat annoying, but thankfully quite brief, and you don’t actually have to kill him (although of course I did, much later on after I was considerably stronger and had the drop on him).

I don’t think I really like the summoning system in this one.

On the plus side: I can signal my desire for a summon.

On the minus side:

• Doing so consumes a valuable (and, crucially, limited) resource, whether I actually get anybody or not, which sucks.
  • I’m not sure I really understand how it works, since when I was summoned in to help someone out I entered their world where they were, but when I summoned someone for Cleric Beast (my goal in this playthrough is to do all bosses co-op, at least twice, once giving help and once getting it), they appeared…well, I don’t know where. They eventually made their way to me, although I’m not sure how they knew where I was.

I definitely prefer the old soapstone system, where I could see both that there were people offering help and where exactly they were offering it, and I knew when I summoned them they’d pop in right there. I wish they would have just added a stone that allowed you to put down a sign signalling your desire for help with a boss that players could just run up to and touch to get summoned into your world.

The Insight consumed gets returned to you if you abort the summon. (That got added in a patch at some point)

Bosses are way easier co-op (at least so far). And with Fr. G’s demise my outfit is complete:

Credits. Finally.

Been bashing my head against Orphan for what feels like months now. I’d jump in once or twice a week and go at him until I ran out of vials. DLC in souls games have a way of knocking my feet out from under me, really halting my momentum, but I was determined to finish Bloodborne before the end of the year.

Had a good chunk of free time on Saturday, so in an effort to knock the rust off, and get our mojo back, my buddy and I each took down Laurence (separately) and then polished off the remainder of the base game (Mergo’s Loft; Micolash; Brain; Wet Nurse) before going back for Orphan.

I don’t know if it was the extra levels we got (was level 91 on all previous Orphan attempts; ended up at 101), or if going through a new area really had us on our game, but we ended up taking down Orphan on the first attempt in my buddy’s game, and on the second attempt in mine.

It was magical.

I’ve felt some really high highs playing these games. I didn’t think anything would touch the joy I felt after beating the final boss in Sekiro, but the Orphan kills were on another level.

Gehrman and Moonchild weren’t much of challenge coming off Orphan. Fun fights nonetheless. We ended up co-oping both on my buddy’s game, and since he was funneled back into NG+ immediately after, I took them both down solo. Which was a nice wrap for a game I played almost exclusively co-op. This is the only souls game where I managed to complete all of the DLC and all of the “optional” bosses.

I’m a little bummed that I sat out this whole souls thing for as long as I did, but that said, playing them all in one year has been the best gaming experience of my life.

I don’t think I’ll be able to finish Demon’s Souls before the end of the year (but maybe? I have a stretch of time off starting Friday…), but I had a good run taking on DS 1-3, Bloodborne, and Sekiro (along with Hollowknight, Surge 2, Remnant, etc…).

Bloodborne turned out to be my favorite souls game. One of the best games I’ve ever played. And probably THE game of the generation for me.

If they remaster it for PS5 I will probably never stop playing it.

Yes this is the correct response to Bloodborne. Grats!

It’s back on bitches. Ladia Maria is going down this time.

No, wait, I remember why I stopped last time now. I’m out of health potions. Time to revisit the lecture halls I guess. *Sigh.

The big pigs toward the top of Nightmare of Mensis drop a bunch. I don’t remember the lecture hall being particularly replete with blood vials.

The lecture halls are a quick way to get souls/blood, whatever the normal currency is in Bloodborne. Then you can go to the fountain and buy blood vials.

Oh in that case the pig corridor is better, too, if you’re high level enough to breeze through it. 100-110k per run with runes, if I recall.

I like the sound of that. Where is said corridor? Please be specific on which headstone to use and which direction to go.

Have you gone all the way through the nightmare of Mensis? If so, I believe it’s the path from the Mergo’s Loft: Middle lamp up to Mergo’s Wet Nurse.

I have not. I always get lost because there’s too many paths and too many options on which direction to go. That’s why I said to hell with it and went to the expansion area instead. But hey, it sounds like it might be worth going back to the Nightmare areas for this.

Yeah, it’s the best farming area in the game, and probably the only reason I was able to solo the whole game + DLC.

Yeah, I remember your over-leveled ass making it through the DLC, I didn’t even know you could go that high in this game. I was a little envious.

And it was still hard as hell!

So I have started the game and found the first boss while running away from other enemies. No fog wall kinda threw me. I keep trying to block as well, and you can’t do that here.

Noice! Welcome to the party Scuzz. I’m predicting you’ll join and pass my progress very soon.

Now I’m kind of wishing I had bought PS+ in the last sale so we could team up when you get to where I am.