Bloodborne - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor's Spiritual Successor

I tried to use some of those prior to his change and I missed him - he must have been too fast.

I haven’t seen the girl at the window, just talked through her door to some old lady looking for a safe space.

I fought Father G without using any health potions I think. Early on I was just trying to practice and do these fights without any assistance.

@Timex had a post upthread all about getting Father G.

Link.

In the DLC area, I’m now stuck on a part where I have to fight not one but two giant-axe wielding hooded nightmarish horror guys. It’s like taking on two bosses, except they’re not bosses, so that can drink my blood. They drink it up, like a straw. Sluuuuuuuurp.

I don’t quite understand why I can’t beat them both. I can kill one just fine. And then the other one always kicks my ass for some reason.

I think that’s the hardest fight in the game if you do it fair. Shaman bone blades can really help. Also the parry window on their slip and slide move is really big but if you miss it you’re probably dead.

You are a far better Bloodborne player than I :-)

I don’t have that item, Maybe I should retrace my steps.Do you know if I only get 1 shot with that item? I mean, if I use it in one battle and still fail, is that item used up?

You can use it over and over. In fact it works 2-3 times in a single battle before he gets resistant to it.

That is good to know. Having only one shot would suck for me. Not sure if I should look up where to get the item or just hunt for it. Maybe I’ll check the beginning area - I can’t imagine it would be in the sewers.

I had to look up my posts to see if I had anything on the Father G battle above. It doesn’t look like I explained much about how I finally got him.

You’ll get him @robc04. I believe in you. And, yes, the item is really helpful. Note it can only be used once in Father’s last phase – which, to my mind, is the most difficult phase.

Thanks Hotfreak :-)

Now, to go and find that item!

You’re probably thinking of a different fight. I mean, I’m having a tough time with it, but it’s not THAT hard. I always get within a sliver of health on the second guy. I just need to finish.

I found the item and went back to Father G. I felt the fight was going well. I think I only used 1 or 2 potions. Got to the transformation and used the item. Got some good shots in. Fought some more. Glanced down and saw he was within 1 hit of being killed. He hit me. I panicked and I tried to just start swinging to get in 1 last hit. He killed me.

I try again and get to the transformation and die. I try another half dozen times and get to the transformation once. Father G still lives. So I had a bagel break and will try again.

The two guys at the bottom of the well in the village is what I’m thinking if.

The bagel did not help. Regulars seem to be dropping less healing, so now it’s even more tedious to farm for them. I may need to just quit, which I hate doing. Maybe in many months try again and start a new game so I can get a lot more drops.

Just try again tomorrow. A different day can end up with different reaction times.

Interesting. According to that post, I have two more bosses to go in the main game (once I’m done with the DLC). And then another boss if I happen to have 3 umbilical cords on me. Are those worth tracking down? Is that last extra boss really fun to fight?

Woah. What the hell kind of weapon is this? Is this in the main game, or something I’ll find in the DLC?

That’s the whirligig saw from the dlc. It’s a strength weapon and it is awesome. You can get it before fighting any dlc bosses so if you’re good at running you can get it right after you beat Amelia.

From a gameplay point of view, no. But it is dramatic and if you care about the lore it means a lot. If you’re not into the story you wouldn’t be missing much.

Heh. I’m a bit embarrassed to admit this, but I have no idea what’s going on in the story. It’s some kind of night where hunters and monsters come out. That part I got. But then anything after that I didn’t really absorb.