Bloodborne - Demon's Souls Spiritual Successor's Spiritual Successor

Are you talking about the Living Failures?

Yes sir. I gave up on the balcony guys, they’re too strong. At least the Living Failure guys fire really slow moving magic projectiles that I can mostly dodge.

It’s my first time playing this and I just managed to take out that jerk Father Gascoigne. That last fight phase when he turns into a beast was brutal. I lucked out after using the music box, which sent him into some sort of momentary crisis, and managed to pull of a backstab that took off most of his remaining health, so I could finish him off with a single Molotov. Now back to exploring!

I first read this as monetary crisis and laughed out loud. :)

Gascoigne bellows, “I shouldn’t have spent all that money, Hunter!”

That fight gave me so much trouble. It’s a good milestone getting past that one.

Here’s how to make that fight pretty easy. On the third floor of the Research Hall there is an Underground Cell Key. Take that back to the hallway in between manbosshorse and the surgery altar. Open the door at the end of the hall where a dude is facing a wall repeating a rhyme. Kill dude. Get stuff.

Now make sure you have the Impurity rune equipped. You should have it if you’ve spoken to Valtr (bucket head guy). If you haven’t, go to the first lamp in Forbidden Woods and walk into the elevator room to find him. He’s great.

Ok, now there should be an NPC summon outside Failures room. Just let him tank and when the Failures attack him you get behind them and charge up an R2 and then visceral.

Easy peasy.

There’s a joke in there somewhere about spending all his coin on gas.

That’s cool to hear! I’m really enjoying the game so far, although I can tell most of the decisions I’ve made have made the denizens of Yharnam’s lives much worse. For instance, a little girl was inconsolable when I returned her mother’s brooch.

Also, there was a creepy thing in a chapel who asked me to send anyone looking for a safe place their way, and later, I returned to the old clinic and received the same request from a lady behind a door who had already given me a couple of neat items. Since the clinic was backtracking and not on the critical path, I figured sending the old woman surrounded by wild dogs her way would be the best solution, but after asking for more patients, the clinic lady started cackling with laughter, which isn’t very reassuring!

I think this might be like that time rescued the prisoner from the Undead Parish. No good deed goes unpunished!

I returned the brooch too and then questioned my decision. There isn’t a lot of little touches like that - but they are effective when they show up.

Beat that Gatling gun dude and managed to take down the Blood-Starved Beast on my first attempt (with the help of Alfred, of course!). :)

I hate that guy … typical From Software, reminiscent of the Silver Archers in Dark Souls and the Spear Giant in DS3 … I play Agents of Mayhem at the moment, but I should return to Bloodborne, AoM is just so relaxing …

For a pile of old bones, Martyr Logarius is remarkably nimble! I hate this fight so much. :(

If I get the chance tonight, I think I’m ready to jump back into Bloodborne, and go farming for blood so that I can buy some potions, so that I can take on Living Failure. Because @Mike_Cathcart’s summon solution sounds long and complicated. :P

I’ve probably already said this before, but it bears repeating: I love this thread title @Jazar. Great job.

This weekend I got off my lazy ass. I was procrastinating about farming for blood so that I could buy potions. Well, I got lots of blood in a short time, and I bought 71 health potions. And I started my Living Failure runs again. I only tried about 5 times this weekend. But at least health potions are no longer a barrier. I can finally start doing this boss fight in earnest now.

Thanks, but honestly every time I see the thread I kick myself for not calling it “Demon’s Souls Spiritual Successor’s Spiritual Successor.” I mean we’re not talking about Dark Souls 2 here. :p

You’re right! That’s even better! You should change it now. :P No one will notice except the few of us paying attention. :)

Oh look at that, I didn’t know you can change a title. Now I truly have zero regrets in life :) Thanks

So I spent at least twice as many tries taking down Darkbeast Paarl as any boss in all the Souls game (except Demon’s which I unfortunately never played). How can that be? Everyone says he’s one of the easiest bosses in all of Soulsbourne.

I watched so many tutorials and read all the fextralife/reddit posts on him, but other than pointing out his legs are weak, it was of no help. The boss behaved very differently in my game compared to those videos. Do bosses change or get patched? Otherwise I don’t know how to make sense of it.

The camera was atrocious, especially since you basically have to play without lock-on if you want to hit his legs consistently. I even had to disable the wall collision option in the settings.

Of course the victory was all the sweeter for it. Probably the most satisfying boss victory of my video game career.

It’s a boss you can encounter at a wide range of times. If you fight him early he’s a lot more difficult. I never heard he was one of the easiest bosses though.