BMW's new logo. Yuck.

Seriously? Yuck.

I guess they’re trying to make it harder to spot the assholes?

Everything that I know about that logo comes from Finding Forrester.

Would be much better with a black background on the outer circle. Shrug. Does anyone care about this?

Probably people who buy BMWs.

In the link there is a picture of it on a car. It does look very strange on an actual car. It almost looks like it is cheaply done.

What’s the difference between a hedgehog and a BMW?

The hedgehog has the pricks on the outside.

I always heard that joke with the car being a Pontiac Trans Am (I think that’s how it was spelled).

Just like the car, the logo is a concept and audience reaction is supposed to determine whether it will ever make it onto a production car from the i-series, let alone the entire range. Either way, it’s going onto an ugly car anyways, other than the 3 and 5 series wagons I find every current BMW hideous.

it’s also a Porsche and Audi joke. Probably most apt in Audi drivers case tbh, their bad rep overtook the BMW wankers quite a few years back now.

I believe the Dodge Challenger has taken over for that joke now.

I always heard it with porcupine being the animal of choice.

They probably spent $20 million “developing” the logo too.

My car has had the same logo since 1926… Eat it BMW!

Which car is that?

I’m going to guess Mercedes.

I do like Audi’s four rings. It is streamlined, simple, has no words or letters, and looks pretty neat. Then again, I really could care less about a car’s logo, in terms of buying decisions. Or brand, really. It’s just that often certain characteristics and qualities I look for tend to line up with certain marques more than others. I’ve had a Dodge, three VWs, a Buick, a Chevy, three Fords, a Mazda, two Acuras, a Saturn, and my current Audi. I’m fairly ecumenical.

Oh, and according to R&T, the new logo is promo-only, designed for web marketing and stuff.

@thewombat How dare you inject fats into this discussion!

Saturated or unsaturated?

Who doesn’t want puffy lips?

I like the old logo myself. Why mess with a good thing?