Boardgaming 2022: the year of "point salad really isn't very filling"

Usually by topic and series—sometimes by designer. To the left you can see Lee Brimmicombe-Wood’s air games, with the Next War series below them, and to the right are Mark Simonitch’s ‘4something games. Things have gotten sloppy over the years, though, as more games come out, and the categories become different sizes. Note that Brimmicombe-Wood’s Wing Leader series is elsewhere because it doesn’t fit. And the flatbox games are on a completely different set of shelves due to form factor.

They are acolytes of the School of Broken Magic 🪄

This photo is very on brand.

Gotta represent grognard!

First Boardgame in 2022:

Dice Throne Adventures
(Fought against the second boss Gunslinger - we lost)

For added fun last game played in 2021:
Night of the Ninja

Hey wait a minute – is that a Star Trek title hidden amid the historically accurate hex-fests?

Nice catch!

My old school section of shelf looks kind of similar -

Starship Tactical Combat Simulator!

It’s cool that you guys have games that don’t take up a shelf and a half each.

Pretty sure this impacts your grognard cred.

Would this help?

https://twitter.com/SpaceRumsfeld/status/1481409512271581189?s=20

!!!

-Tom

P.S. Whew. I just read the Twitter thread.

Monopoly Deal (feh), followed by Mountains of Madness (feh). However, playing with friends in person: Hell yeah.

Dungeons & Dragons was actually first, if that counts as a board game.

Not sure if it was mentioned that Final Girl Series 2 kickstarter is live, but it is. :)

I’ve really enjoyed Series 1, despite some rough edges here and there.

The series 2 feature film boxes? We had some correct in our guessing, I think.

There’s an Aliens box, a The Thing Box, the cleverly named Wingard Cottage which is a You’re Next homage, a Red Riding Hood/Gretel fairytale homage, and an asylum thing that I guess is an American Horror Story nod?

oooh, ask Tom how he feels about Final Girl!

I was thinking I might pick some up from the Kickstarter, given it’s impossible to get at retail (though the designer’s thin-skinned unprofessional customer support also puts me off).

I don’t think I need/want all of it. Is three boxes enough to get a good range of mix/match you reckon?

yupppp

i don’t want final girl but that bish got me side-eying my hostage negotiator shit tbh

Huh. That’s a new one on me. I’ve not had any issues with them but it sucks if AJ has been a jerk to some folks. They were absolutely wonderful to me when a couple of pieces of my Hostage Negotiator bundle arrived damaged (wasn’t even their fault, as far as I can tell.) I sensed that they really wanted me to enjoy the stuff I paid for, and took care of it.