Boardgaming in 2017!

Winter is Coming…today, but it is called Gloomhaven at my house in the Southeast U.S.

Next week, Pax Unplugged in Philadelphia. This is my first Pax, and outside of a 7 wonders tournament, I am not sure what to look forward to.

Mondo edition of The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31 will go on sale in a few minutes, it’s a limited edition run of the game. I’m intrigued but probably not $120 intrigued.

I’ve had Gloomhaven since 1st Edition release. I had to say it’s the BEST entertainment value I’ve encountered in a long time.

So much fun, easily 20+ games in and still look forward to playing.

Woohoo!!

Three of my gaming buddies own Gloomhaven. None have yet played it. We have just lined up a regular 4 player group night with the intention to play through legacy games we don’t get to play with our normal, drop in drop out mixed numbers gaming group.

Having watched the Rahdo Runs Through of Gloomhaven, I have not been so keen or excited to play a game in . . . . . memory! I don’t have any time or inclination to play a full on role playing game but wow, the setting reminds me of my first ever CRPG and pen and paper D&D setting - Pool of Radiance. City in the middle of hostile borderland territory, a group of heroes as the hope for the city to survive and thrive . . . .

Curses though, we cannot get started until the boss of one of our gamers returns from climbing Everest. Damn you, big mountain!

It’s here, my Gloomhaven is finally here! :D

It’s on Kickstarter. Two days left, already funded.

No Gloomhaven yet…Stanwood, WA…with solo expansions…so funny reading the kickstarter comments with so much rage and excitement.

Just got my copy of Gloomhaven as well.

The guy kind of used his Kickstarter updates like an online journal. He probably would have been better off keeping his updates a more concise and less frequent. Having said that, even for a second printing, his delivery is still pretty close to the estimate. It’s not years off or anything.

I am still waiting for my stickers, but that’s not him.

Punching out tokens. Some bad cuts on some sheets :(

I wonder if they fixed the campaign book or the map tiles. I’m never able to assemble the maps exactly like they are in the book. They’re always slightly off.

Supposedly there have been a bunch of fixes to that stuff but I can’t compare and contrast until my updated materials arrive, and they’re quite understandably the lowest priority for shipping.

So much stuff.

I think the tiles and campaign book were on the list of fixed stuff.

Just put a pre-order down with my local store for a copy of Fallout the Board Game (which looks like a blast), Twilight Imperium 4th Edition (I have never owned a TI game), and Gloomhaven, which the guy showed two copies being shipped to him from his distributor, and one of them is now ear marked for me. I’m super excited for all of them!

Oh shoot. I forgot about the temporary stickers. Where can I buy them? I really don’t like the idea of changing components (the reason why I missed the first Kickstarter). My copy is still on the way it would seem.

Whoa, I didn’t know this was a thing, and it’s Fantasy Flight too so should be good quality but will probably have a dozen expansions. Going to keep an eye on this one.

Sinister Fish Games is the only gone that I found for it. It’s the second printing most are waiting for, no ideas the difference.

They did a pre-order for them, which is closed now, but you can sign up for when they have them in stock. Working with this company has not been my favorite, but it looks like they will deliver.

I’m actually the most excited about this one - I love the mechanics (that we’ve been shown) and it looks like a ton of fun with lots of replayability.