Boardgaming in 2017!

No345

-Tom

Not even a little.

My copy of Roll for the Galaxy arrived a few days ago and I was able to get it to the table for a few plays this weekend. I’m always amazed at how fun and engaging that game is considering how fast it plays. Definitely a masterpiece in my eyes and probably the only Euro that I really truly enjoy at that level.

About to play our first game of Sheriff of Nottingham tonight!

I won, so it must be a good game.

It’s a good social deduction game that can be played with people who are new to this genre or boardgame as a whole. Still remember the laughs we had when me and my friends first exposed to it. My only concern is the game may turn stale very fast if keep playing with the gaming group.

There is an expansion coming soon, I believe. Not sure what it adds, but it might help should any staleness eventually set in.

Wendelius

The Kickstarter for the new One Deck Dungeon game just went live here:

I signed up instantly. If the idea of a quick playing, easy to set up card based roguelike appeals to you I recommend you sign up, too. The kickstarter also allows you to get the 1.5 version of the original game, too, which is tough to find right now.

The game offers a constant flurry of interesting decisions, is easy to set up and tear down, and is basically exactly what I need out of a solitaire card game at this point in my life. I hope you enjoy it too!

Solitaire you say?

Yeah I like the sound of this - never heard of it before but I think you may have sold me on it, @Mark_L.

One Deck Dungeon is an wonderful solo/solitaire game. It is very much like a quick roguelike with simple, but interesting choices and before you know it you will have finished four or five runs with mixed results. I don’t get to play it enough, so I don’t know that I’ll back this one. It has two player rules, but I think those were kind of tacked on. Anyone who likes solo/solitaire games found in today’s hobby gaming landscape would like it, I think. You have to like dice rolling, too, however. :) The original was one that became a hit in many corners of the internet and became hard to find for a while. It was on my CoolStuff Alert list and I snatched it the second it came back in stock several months ago.

Sheriff of Nottingham, to me, is heavily dependent on your group as with many social deduction games. If they are going to get into it and can kinda lightly role play, it is a ton of fun. I am terrible at it and social deduction is not my favorite genre, but for people that like social deduction and can get into it, it is a blast. My kids love the game.

Solitaire as in solo, not as in the game called solitaire. Sorry I wasn’t clearer.

No, I knew what you meant.

Yeah, I am pretty sure I used the two terms interchangeably in my post. I knew what you meant as well. I meant Solo game in all cases.

Responding to my own post because they’ve since released a couple of updates for the Terra Mystica app. We just got done playing through a three player online game and didn’t encounter any problems at all. There might still be some bugs in there, but the app seems to be in a much better place now.

That’s great to hear!

Watched the creator do a playthrough yesterday. I think I’d be inclined to support the Kickstarter if I hadn’t just bought into Gloomhaven.

I was definitely holding off as a result some mixed results related to performance and bugginess. Glad to hear it works better. Any idea on the A.I.? I had also not heard great things about it.

Yes. It is a good play-through and I share a similar sentiment.

[I’m debating with myself whether the above response or a “Like” helps contribute more to the overall appeal of the Qt3 forums and camaraderie among us. My verdict: undecided.]

http://replygif.net/i/413.gif