Boardgaming in 2019!

Embarked on the Sword & Sorcery campaign with previously mentioned visiting friend (Maddy) today, with two characters each. Our party is Ecarus, the Knight of the White Rose; Samyria, the Druid; Morrigan, the Witch Hunter; and Auriel, the Sorceress, a completely different lineup than used when I first tried the game with my regular group, and Law-aligned instead of Chaos at that. I think we did a better job of keeping track of the minutiae than the first time around (since, for one thing, I had more of a grasp of the rules) but still forgot a few important things. Overall it seemed a bit more challenging since the move from 3 to 4 heroes passed a number of thresholds that bumped up difficulty, and Ecarus in particular struggled to do much damage (the one-handed weapons in the basic Stash kit are pretty underwhelming, especially when penalized by the story effect in the first part of the quest). On the other hand, he hardly took damage until late in the quest, and at that point 3/4ths of the party ended up dying over a couple of turns because that final encounter is a heck of a dustup. And he had the tank kit to be the main target over most of the game. And the other three characters were all quite solidly effective in their particular niches, just in different ways than the Runemaster, Necromancer, and Assassin we were rocking last time around. Definitely digging this game.

Tomorrow we’ll probably tackle quest 2.