Boardgaming in 2019!

Sushi Go Party is an excellent suggestion.

Another great candidate is Camel Up:

It comes with a really cool dice pyramid, stackable camels and you are off to the races! Every turn, the camels will move in somewhat unpredictable ways, stack and drag each other forward or move backwards. The players are doing their best to bet on the round and the whole race. There are many really funny moments in that game and even non gamers will pick it up very quickly.

The next game won’t work with 2. But if you can get 4-8 to join for a few games, I’d highly recommend Don’t Mess With Cthulu:

Roughly £16 on Zatu:

It’s cheap as chips, easy to set up, can be explained in 5’ and is really fun to play. Every group I’ve played it with has enjoyed it. It’s a hidden role game with a really tongue in cheek tone. One or more players are cultists. You all have face down cards in front of you. The cultists are trying to get the other players to draw Cthulu symbol cards to complete their ritual. The adventurers are trying to get the others to draw elder signs to stop the ritual. Every few drawn cards, all the face down cards are shuffled and re-dealt. Who to trust?

You should also consider The Mind, is you haven’t played it yet. Cards are numbered from 1 to 100. Players receive as many cards as the level they have reached. The goal is “simple”. Can you play the cards in the players’ hands in ascending order without speaking one word?

This one says 2-4, but I’ve regularly seen players say they have played it with more. It ups the difficulty though (more cards in hand).

You could also bring a roll and write like Welcome To… That will play any number of players as everybody has their own pad and tries and build their own best ever neighbourhood based on random cards drawn on the table.

There is something satisfying about managing to complete one of the goal cards and scoring a bonus, then comparing points and neighbourhoods at the end of the game. But be aware roll and writes are not the most interactive games. Easy to pick up and generally enjoyed by all though.

There is also a more recent and more interactive variant I’ve heard about but haven’t played yet called Cartographers.

Players are drawing maps in this one. But, sometimes, monsters come up and you get to draw them on your neighbour’s map, forcing them to deal with them in subsequent rounds. I’ve heard many good things about that one as you end up with cool looking maps of an imaginary land, but you also get to needs with your friends’ maps.