Boardgaming in 2019!

Smaaaaaashed my first game of Smallworld. 102 to all mid 80s. It’s like a Risk that doesn’t suck :)

Smallworld is a great game. Though it’s a very confrontational gateway game, so don’t play it with crybabies ;)

I own a (musty) copy of the predecessor, Vinci, but I’ve yet to actually play it! I really like that rise-and-fall mechanic, which is also present in History Of The World.

Awww, yes! I love Medieval Academy! Haven’t played it in a few years, but played it for the first time at GenCon before it released and really enjoyed it.

New hotness:

Cave vs Cave has an expansion!?!?!??!!!>?!?? Yasssss

Wondering who the target audience for a Rick and Morty version of Operation is.

Rick & Morty products of all kinds tend to sell pretty well…

1830 is back? That’s great to see.

Yep. Reprint from Lookout Games AKA Asmodee.

GMT fans, question for you. Is it cheaper to buy from GMT direct with their P500 or just wait for an olgs to carry the game?

From Europe, it’s basically the same.

That’s with their new P500 Euro non-unfriendly shipping (can’t really call it Euro friendly, but it does help joining P500 without the game costing 25€ more than at retail).

There’s also the fact that you get the game when it ships. A friend is still waiting for SpaceCorp to become available from stores over here.

I can order a lot of GMT games and ship it to you if you are interested.

And non-GMT also. I’m happy to ship games to QT3ers. Been splitting the shipping cost with a few people who wanted stuff and games are 20-30% off MSRP. /advertising

Vesper shipped me A Feast for Odin and the Norwegians expansion for almost exactly the same price that I could have gotten it from Amazon (like 1% more, shipping included), and I would rather give him the business. Got it quickly and cheaply, and I will continue to shop with him in the future.

What is vespers store? I’d much rather do that than use amazon!

@Vesper owns a brick-and-mortar store called Gaming Goat (part of a franchise) in Littleton, Colorado. As he says above, he will ship to you, and the prices themselves are often about a third off MSRP, so it can be as good a deal as other online retailers, or better.

I can vouch for the fine service offered by Mike Pollmann at Gaming Goat in Littleton, Colorado!

-Tom

Me too. We just got Stone Age Anniversary to the table thanks to @Vesper. Super easy to deal with and I prefer to deal with folks I know rather than Amazon when able.

Regarding this situation, seems like it has been resolved:

Hi Folks,
Good news, Rick and I have made an agreement. The following is an officially agreed press release. From my point of view I am now happy with EGG proceeding with Age of Steam.

1. Whatever disputes about Age of Steam that may have existed in the past have now been resolved to both parties’ satisfaction.
  2. I will no longer dispute that Eagle-Gryphon Games (EGG) is the proper successor in interest to Eagle Games, the entity I signed a Purchase Agreement with in March, 2005 conveying various ownership rights to Age of Steam; Struggle of Empires; and a game to be designed at a later date.
  3. I have conveyed whatever rights I might have in Age of Steam free and clear to EGG.
  4. I will not dispute that EGG is the sole and exclusive holder and owner of the rights to Struggle of Empires, Railroad Tycoon (later named Railways of the World), and Railways of England and Wales (later named Railways of Great Britain) – games that I conveyed to Eagle Games.
  5. I also give my permission to Eagle-Gryphon Games (EGG) to use my name in relation to the Age of Steam (AOS) game at EGG’s discretion (e.g., on the box cover; on the rules; in advertising and marketing including press releases regarding Age of Steam; and specifically in any Kickstarter campaign, updates, comments, etc.). I realize that they are under no obligation to use my name on the AOS box or otherwise and that is perfectly okay with me.
  6. I will no longer speak or write ill of Eagle-Gryphon Games, in public or in private. I will write no more BGG threads or on any other similar forum negative comments about EGG, as I have no basis to continue to do so. EGG has agreed to reciprocate. In short, we are both ready to put this behind us and move forward with our respective projects.
  7. I encourage everyone with an interest in the present Age of Steam Deluxe campaign running on Kickstarter to pledge and support that production and not to feel that some obligation to me prevents them from doing so.

Martin Wallace