Boardgaming in DC

Don’t get me wrong. I’d see that as a minimum.

I’d be down for poker, you such and suches.

Ticket to Ride sounds fun too. How about the weekend after next?

Yep. Played it for the first time a few weeks ago. Quite fun. After you play a couple games you can really see the strategic depth. The only major flaw i see with the game is if players don’t get any of their powerful pieces until midway through the game it’s almost impossible to mount a comeback.

I played Samurai once. I thought it was okay.

“Ticket to Ride sounds fun too. How about the weekend after next?”

Ixnay on EasterWeekend.

I’d be interested in Ticket to Ride in Alexandria sometime. The missus would probably be interested in playing as well.

There was a cool shareware version of Samurai a couple years ago. Won some indie award, and included solo play.

I may be traveling to the West Coast, but if I’m in town, I’d love to get together for Qt3 poker night. If I’m in town, I’ll offer to host (located in DC) but also defer to the location that works best for the group.

I always forget about Easter. Which weekend is Easter again?

Thousands of Intarweb calendars say April 8th. They also mock your lack of Google skillz.

You are my Google, fellow vampire!

If this hypothetical meet is about boardgames, I might be interested. If it’s poker, I’m not.

I’d definitely be interested depending on schedule. Live in Bethesda but I’m walking distance to the metro so anywhere in DC is fine with me. I’ll come and play and spill all the beans on Fallout 3.
Except where I said Fallout 3, I mean IHRA Drag Racing. Yeehaw!

I wish I lived in DC so I could play Settlers or Carcassonne with you peeps. :(

I could host a tenative boardgame/poker game on Sat. April 14th. Maybe we can start with a boardgame and then turn it into a poker game later.

I haven’t played any of these crazy boardgames(Ticket to Ride, Settlers, etc.) but if someone can point me to online rules I can try to learn them by then.

For the poker game, cigars and bourbon welcome. If it’s nice we can play outside on the deck.

In the hottub? Could you invite some of your girls over for “entertainment”?

Um no. BY the hot tub. Or in the backyard.

No dudes in the hot tub in '07.

Had an embarrassing incident with Justice Breyer in '06?

Troy

For poker a tournament would be the ideal structure with a fixed buy in and top 3 or 4 places paid depending on turnout. My wife and I would both be interested in something like this provided the rules of the tournament were clearly defined. Some good tips are at http://www.homepoker.com/

I’ll be out of town on the 14th for a tournament, but I’ll be back for the next weekend. Anyone up for the 21st?

OK, so who is up for a game day/poker day this Saturday? My schedule is clear as of now. We can play at my place, I can probably seat 5-6, more outside (my place is pretty small).

I’d be interesting in playing one of these board games (settlers of catan, ticket to ride, whatever) more than poker, but the day can certainly devolve.