Bohemian Rhapsody: Rami Malek IS Freddie Mercury

The thing is, for me, the rise of Queen, what they released, that it became a hit, and their leader singer being so beloved and well who he was, I wouldn’t have believed any of that if it hadn’t actually happened either.

So yeah after I see anything historically or factually based I usually spend some time looking up the real thing. Live Aid in the movie and Live Aid as recorded, it’s close. It’s never going to be exact, but I don’t think they could have found better actors for those roles. Then again, most the critics, professional and otherwise, dislike the layout of the movie and/or the writing, not really the performances.

[quote=“YakAttack, post:20, topic:138730, full:true”]
I feel that way about a lot of “historical” movies.[/quote]

I do too, man. I mean, it’s almost a given that things are changed, downplayed, exaggerated, stretched, or left out. It is what it is. Historical, based on a true story, etc are all the same. Things are highlighted based on the options of the writer.

But that’s ignoring the rest of the movie, where he nearly nailed every look, mannerism, and sound of Freddy.

I do think his performance in the actual movie (where they showed more in Live Aid concert,) was very close to the actual, which again, we only have one film source of. Rami and others could only go with what they saw/had.

Interesting interview. Thanks for sharing that.