Book of Demons, aka Paper Diablo

Thirded!

Fourthed! (Is that a word?)

Wow. What an effective demo.
I didn’t expect that level of polish. The atmosphere especially is quite incredible, capturing like no other game the first Diablo game’s creepy mood.
I enjoyed the way you could fit your experience to your available time with quite an accurate prediction.

I am definitely looking forward to getting it, when it’s feature complete (and a Macintosh version will be available by then, it seems).

Wow.

Massive card redesign update just dropped!

Love it!

This is an excellent change. This game’s only problem, to me, was that all the cards dropped for your class (seemingly at set intervals) and that was kind of boring after awhile. This is much cooler - you still get all the cards, but now when a rare or legendary drops you can have cause to get really excited! Very nice.

Glad to see this is chugging along - I loved it when I first played it, but I’m not touching it again until it’s all done. Then I plan to Mage the shit out of it.

Seconded all around.

Thirded here. I played through the warrior route a few months ago and I can’t wait to see the game completely done.

Checked out the demo. Also filled out the questionnaire that popped up. All through the opening scenes I was thinking, “I hope the graphics in game aren’t these paper pop up things.” I was sorry to see that they were. Also the pre-determined paths annoy me. I want to like this game. But no sale for me.

One of the dev’s popped up on our forums in this thread:

So I went and checked for updates to the game, I see it has new modes added last month, Normal / Casual / Roguelike. And quite a few other things such as leaderboards / more enemies / and a mini-map.

Anyone grab this during the summer sale? Looks like it will be out of Early Access soon.

I did! Got an alert that someone was talking about BoD here so I joined. Now that I think about it I’m a bit like a gamedev equivalent of Bloody Mary, name the game enough times and I show up ;-)

Looks like a neat community, by the way, just got around to browsing games discussions. If anyone has any questions about the game and can’t be bothered with posting on Steam community ask away, I will watch this thread!

Is the demo fairly reflective of the current state of the game?

We keep it relatively up to date. If it lags behind main build it’s only a week or so delayed so we can be sure the build is stable before updating the demo.

Right now it’s up to date!

Oh man, I completely forgot about this. I got it pretty early on in Early Access and loved it, and promised I’d go back to play the Mage. Now there is a Mage and a Rogue!? Found out what I’m doing on my day off today!

I am getting tempted to add it to my round 3 steam summer sale purchase. D:

Time to return to this game. Played it a bunch when it first came out then, like many EA games, set it aside to give it time in the oven. So glad the devs are continuing to work on it.

I bought their entire games package thingy too, since I am PRAYING one of their games is a space game.

Did you try the demo? I’m doing it now before the Steam sale ends. Small download. Having fun with it so far.

I thought the fact it is on rails would be a downer for me but not so. In fact I like it.

I am demoing right now also!

Yeah the presentation is really fantastic, I think its gonna be a last minute buy.

Snap!

Agreed.

If anyone is interested but on the fence, seriously give the demo a try before the sale ends.

I doubt they will do 40% off again for awhile, with v1.0 approaching.

@Scotch_Lufkin , did you find time to play one of the other classes?

I’m hitting the mage hard, but haven’t touched the rogue yet. The mage is a lot of fun, since he comes with a golem. I wish the Golem would was better about jumping in and tanking but you can “re-cast” for a much cheaper cost to force that to happen, so it’s just a little extra bit of micro. I’m digging mage so far (around level 18 or 19 and about ready to tackle the second boss).