Book of Demons, aka Paper Diablo

oooh ok, thanks for the link @Misguided

Demo feels a lot better than the last time I tried it. The presentation is delightful and the mechanics are interesting. The one gripe I have is that the movement feels very unintuitive to me, as isometric games with keyboard typically do.

We are getting asked about that a lot, but we haven’t decided yet if we should increase the price on release. We try to push the administrative/business/marketing part of work as far away as we can and focus on development. At some point even players on Steam tried to persuade us to hike the price ;-)

Just checked and on latest Safari version it works. Judging by our code your version lies about supporting background blending :D Which version are you using?

As Misguided said, separate titles sharing a common launcher, ideally a metascore and parts of the content. This approach complicates stuff a lot but it would be cool to support all games as one ecosystem.

That’s why we initially didn’t do keyboard movement, it feels off when you have to use axis aligned keys to move in an isometric environment. A bit like driving in early GTA games when left arrow always turned left in the car local space. But after few minutes is becomes intuitive.

I meant the supporter pack. It says “The sale ends in 15 days” on the website, with a price of 59.95.

Thanks for checking on Safari. Currently on iOS 11.4

Ha, thank you! We can set the maximum discount for one year and it is time to renew it. We forgot about it :-)

Supporter’s pack will get more expensive after the first game is released, that’s for sure.

Rogue-like mode is now out of beta! Plus, lots of other goodies.

@Konstantyka, few questions for ya:

1. Is this the last major update before release?
  2. What’s the time frame, again, for release? I think I remember reading early 2019.
  3. Will you implement the option to reset all progress? It’s useful for those who’ve played during EA and wish to start from scratch on release.

@Mysterio Generally it’s the last major content update before the release. Next major content update will be on the release itself. Of course, before that, we will have smaller updates bringing support for new hardware, small content additions and such. Our main focus until the launch will be on managing the launch itself, porting to Mac and Linux, and bringing more attention to the game.

The timeframe has changed, we initially planned early 2019 but the release will happen still in 2018 (yay!). We will announce the specific date later.

Progress resetting option is an interesting point. Right now you can delete your characters (or just create a new profile in main menu) for a clean slate start. The only thing you can’t reset is achievements. Edit: no wait, actually you can reset achievements by creating a new profile.

Now available on Mac!

I just installed it, and it’s heartbreaking! It requires OS X 10.12, which I can’t install for work reasons.

1.0 in December.

A few days till 1.0

Hope this game gains some traction, I really have enjoyed my time with it so far.

Yeah, launch tomorrow. It’s hectic in here :D We are going to be doing AMA on Reddit one hour before the launch and during it. Sooo, if anyone haven’t asked me stuff here and would like to ask the whole team about anything at all (development, game publishing, design, which is superior: dogs or cats?) drop by and ask away.

So exciting! Can’t wait to dive back in! Congrats!

Ack! You guys are launching when the big Pillars of Eternity 2 patch/DLC drop! You monsters!

Well, no worries, you already have my money. Now you have my attention. :)

Is this coming to Switch? If not I may snag on PC

GOOD GRIEF. This, Below, Hades, and Gris come out within a week? Oh boy, oh boy.

giphy

Indeed!

Not anytime soon, although in general we would like to port it to Switch. But we haven’t even started working on it yet :-)

Tell me about it! It’s a busy week with tough competition :D

Oh, lord. You listed 3 games I’m super interested in… and a fourth (Gris) that now I will have to look up because we clearly are looking forward to the same stuff. This better not lead to yet another game I want by the end of the year, dammit.