Book Thread 2023

I use Goodreads for tracking and if I need suggestions, QT3, and will watch various booktubers (usually best of lists).

For Light Novels I use the J Novel Club forums for both their series and other publisher sugestions from the members.

I finished out the rest of the Lunar Chronicles series, and it was… adequate. The characters are charming, the writing is good, but it’s just so predictable that I was anxious for it to wrap up. Especially in the last book, which is nearly twice as long as the others. If you have a young adult in your life who likes the science fantasy setting and fairytale themes, they’ll probably love this series. But if you’re old and jaded (like me), looking for something with some surprises and interesting variations from the traditional romantic fairytale narrative, this isn’t for you.

Hey, this story just won the Nebula Award for Best Novelette!

Quoting myself from 10 months ago because I dove into Harlem Shuffle this past weekend and I honestly have no idea why I gave up on it last time. I’m about 50 pages from the end and I’ve enjoyed every page thus far. I’m looking forward to finishing tonight and jumping into Crook Manifesto.