Boondock saints 2

Clever. Right?

I couldn’t resist.

Hear that? He couldn’t resist your penis.

Also, fucking awesome on the combo breaker. Worth an honest laugh for me.

H.

well, Q*Bert got in seven before I could stop him. Someone had to do something.

I liked the first movie. The second one is absolute crap in comparison.

Is their a Boondock Saints I thread so I can go whine about it in that thread?

[EDIT: The following is in regards to the original as there was no thread for it]

I should have liked this. The brothers and Connolly were great. I loved the vengeful, religious, do-gooder theme. I liked the way it was shot. I think the rest of the cast did not really pull it off.

Rocco just did not seem authentic and his screeching really wore me down. I realize the thing was intended to be over the top, but Defoe just did not pull it off with the right balance of sincere nuttiness. It is like it wanted desperately to be Snatch/Lock, Stock or something in a similar vein, and paled in comparison. As a comparison, I liked Smokin’ Aces more than this. Most of the rest of the cast seemed pretty B- or C-Movie caliber.

Again, I like these types of flicks, but I was watching the clock until this was over. As far as this thread goes, if it is worse, I guess i would recommend to avoid II like the plague. :)

If you didn’t love the first one there is a not a single reason to see the second.

I watched it recently as well. I think the first half was weaksauce, but it picked up in the second half. Nowhere NEAR as good as the first, but enjoyable enough not to regret the purchase.

I fear I may have been horribly unclear. I was complaining about the first one since I had nowhere else to do so.

Oohh, sorry. Yeah, if you didn’t like the first one, don’t even bother with the second.

Rocco was definitely kind of goofy but the cat scene was priceless.

Priceless is the right word for that scene. ;)