Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan

Assuming they were questioned in a public place, would there have been any legal reason to order the cameras off?

I have to admit that I walked out of the theater with a meh to the film. I did laugh, but I guess all the strong reviews had me hoping for more. The comedy got old for me, and by the time they had the naked wrestling, I felt it was mostly because there really wasn’t much elsewhere for them to go.

I agree with that. It was funny, but I felt like the attempts to give the film a larger narrative often undercut the impact, and everything was too rushed.

Still, yeah, the naked wrestling was pretty good.

‘Borat’ Earns Glorious $26.4M in Debut

“Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan,” 20th Century Fox’s big-screen incarnation of Cohen’s Kazakh journalist from “Da Ali G Show,” took in $26.4 million during its opening weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday.

“This picture was playing to full houses,” said Bruce Snyder, head of distribution at 20th Century Fox. “The planets aligned, the moons aligned, the stars aligned, and everything came together perfectly for us on this weekend.”

Box-office analysts had expected Disney’s “The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause,” with Tim Allen returning as St. Nicholas, to win the weekend. It was No. 2 with $20 million, followed by the Paramount-DreamWorks animated comedy “Flushed Away” in third place with $19.1 million.

“Borat” played in only 837 theaters, fewer than one-fourth the count for “The Santa Clause 3” and “Flushed Away.” Averaging a whopping $31,511 a theater, “Borat” easily outdistanced “The Santa Clause 3,” which averaged $5,784 in 3,458 cinemas and “Flushed Away,” which averaged $5,152 in 3,707 theaters.

Fox plans to expand “Borat” to as many as 2,500 theaters this Friday.

You and me both, really.

I’ve never seen Borat before outside of Youtube. If I’m like most people - does that make this the “movie that Youtube built”?

My favorite thing about this movie was the trailer for the Reno 911! movie, and I hate that show.

Did Flushed Away actually open this weekend?

I thought I was hearing the pre-release hype.

I haven’t seen the movie yet, and might not until DVD though I’m a huge Cohen fan. I just hate movie theaters.

A Bruno movie would be fantastic.

SHOW ME YOUR FLESHWAFFE!

Absolutely not. Da Ali G Show isn’t excactly a cultural phenomenon, but its got a respectable fan base and has been in america for 2 seasons.

The part where he is describing his sister and his brother in the cage didn’t crack a smile, at least?

"She shows him her vageena saying “You’ll never get this, you’ll never get this! And he shakes his cage rararhahrhrhr. But one time he escaped and he DID get that.”

High five!

Agreement not necessary.

You have no clue, do you?

Next time you’re being questioned by a police-type individual, try explaining to them what they are and are not legally allowed to do. Go on, try it. Even if you’re absolutely correct on the facts of the law. It’ll be fun. For the cop.

This is one of the primary problems with the TSA.

Really, you just bend over and take it, no matter what a cop says?

Depends on how you define ‘bending over and taking it’. If a bunch of SS agents and state troopers ordered me and my crew to shut off our cameras in their presence, I would probably go along with that. There’s a time and a place for everything.

You know what I do when I cop gives me trouble? I just yell:

“I eat your shit! You fuck my mother!”

Christ, it was in England. For a while you couldn’t go fifteen minutes without some idiot screaming, 'is it ‘cos I is black?’ at you.

I’m watching a rerun and he, as Borat, just happens to interview a guy I know via acquaintances.

you couldn’t go fifteen minutes without some idiot screaming, 'is it ‘cos I is black?’ at you.

Evidently that was the bangers and mash version of I’m Rick James, bitch!