Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel introduces Sir Hammerlock's sister

Title Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel introduces Sir Hammerlock's sister
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When January 26, 2015

Sir Hammerlock, hunter extraordinaire of the Borderlands series, has a sister and gamers will soon be able to step into her boots in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel..

Read the full article

That's 3 DLC's and no new story content. I'm not sure I see the point of releasing more characters with which to play the same story again. In the past, Borderlands season passes have been outstanding values IMO, but I'm very glad I held off on this one.

The story DLC is still coming, apparently.

Either way, they are charging too much money for these items and for the Season Pass. From what I've seen of it, I'd maybe give them $10 total for the three DLC they've released so far. But they want that for a single new character I'll likely never play.

And you thought 2's Season Pass was an "outstanding value"? I felt a little ripped off, especially when they put the Pass on a 50%-off sale before all of the content was out. And then they had a bunch of content that wasn't even included. I dunno, the Borderlands 2 Season Pass made me stop buying season passes at full price.

So do you just not build into that tree if you're not playing her in coop? That seems like a huge waste.

The price of season passes made me never start buying season passes at full price.

I've actually not purchased very many Season Passes, but the Season Pass for Metro: Last Light was worth it. When the Saints Row: The Third Season Pass went on sale for $10, that was worth it, too.

Everything else? Eh, not so much.

They're usually perfectly good buys at some degree of discount, assuming you're interested in the DLC for a game, but as far as I'm concerned DLC is almost without fail overpriced initially and season passes don't do much to improve that state of affairs.

Lately, it seems like they simply inflate the prices of the individual DLC so it 'feels like' you're getting a discount if you buy the Season Pass.

I haven't purchased it, but for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, the season pass is 30 goddamned dollars and it includes an Arena ($10), 2 new Vault Hunters ($10 each) and a forthcoming story DLC (I'm guessing they'll price it at $15). I'm not sure I'd give them $10 for the 3 DLC they've released but I think that's more realistic pricing given the content.

I buy very few AAA games, period, and never without a significant discount. With a game like Borderlands 2, where I'd already gotten >100 hours of entertainment out of it, I really don't mind kicking the devs another $30 for some substantial new campaign material to play through.

It's difficult to get excited about this.

Too blue.