Bourne: Supremacy. Bourne is back!

There is a trailer for the sequal to Bourne: Identity. I am excited. For all it’s cliche’s, there is something really satisfying about how the original came together.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/the_bourne_supremacy/

I think it’s because Matt Damon just pulls off this character really well. He’s a bad mofo that an everyman can get behind. He doesn’t have the big muscles or crazy good looks of other leading men. He also is pretty believable when he has to use his hands in the fight scenes. I am hoping he can turn this into a nice little run for himself.

somebody didn’t see van helsiiiiing :P

this trailer was the best part of VH.

I really liked Bourne Identity, so I’m looking forward to this. BI was a little over the top in places, and sometimes the plot made no sense (Bourne’s defeating the sniper guy in particular; the attack of the machinegun guy was way out there too). But on the whole I thought it was a damn good action flick, and it had one of the best car chases ever. And, like Tim, I thought Matt Damon was a great choice for the main character.

I remember hearing how in the Terminator, the robot was originally planned to be an ordinary-looking guy (still super-strong and all that because he’s a robot, of course, but that he would look like anybody–the guy who played Bishop in Aliens was supposed to get the role). Then they decided to attach Schwarzenegger, and the robot became this huge muscley guy. I was always peeved about that–having your infiltration robot be this gigantic mountain of a man who speaks with a thick Austrian accent makes no sense at all. Bishop would have been much, much more meanacing, just because you’d never know who in the crowd was the robot.

Bourne Identity did it right. Jason Bourne is supposed to be a master infiltrator and master spy, and it’s a lot more believeable with someone like Damon in the role: very fit, charismatic, but someone who could vanish into a crowd and you wouldn’t remember if someone asked you about him the next day.

When I heard they were making The Bourne Supremacy, I wondered how in the hell they’d possibly adapt the book for the big screen, because both Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum are terribly dated by now. From the trailer, it looks like they just threw the whole book plot out the window and simply retained the title.

It still looks cool, although I hope they retain some of the more personal spy-versus-spy action of the book version, instead of the more impersonal Jason Bourne - versus - government agency type of thing. I’m just saying that it’s more appealing to have a focused super-spy versus super-spy conflict, rather than super-spy versus Julia Stiles and Old Senator.

so you’re saying this movie should minimize its julia stiles time?

Heh, not at all, just don’t make her one of the main Bourne antagonists. Too bad Clive Owen was killed in the first movie - someone like him, stalking Bourne the entire movie, would work better.

Oh, and it’s also disappointing in that Franka Potente probably only has about 10 minutes total screen time in this sequel.

Actually Michael Biehn (who played Kyle Reese) was originally going to be the Terminator and Arnie was being placed in the role of the protector but after Cameron saw Arnold walking he said, “You’re a machine!” The rest is cinematic history.

Actually Michael Biehn (who played Kyle Reese) was originally going to be the Terminator and Arnie was being placed in the role of the protector but after Cameron saw Arnold walking he said, “You’re a machine!” The rest is cinematic history.[/quote]

well, you certainly can’t argue terminator movie trivia with a guy named “cyborg!” he probably majored in it at cyborg college. :roll:

hrm. i didn’t really like BI. maybe i will have to re-watch it…

Actually Michael Biehn (who played Kyle Reese) was originally going to be the Terminator and Arnie was being placed in the role of the protector but after Cameron saw Arnold walking he said, “You’re a machine!” The rest is cinematic history.[/quote]

well, you certainly can’t argue terminator movie trivia with a guy named “cyborg!” he probably majored in it at cyborg college. :roll:

[/quote]
You mean Cyborg COMMUNITY College.

Bubble:busted

Lance Henriksen was originally cast as the Terminator, with Arnold Schwarzenegger as the hero. Schwarzenegger read the script, and asked to play the Terminator instead.

Michael Biehn almost didn’t get the role of Kyle Reese because in his first audition he spoke in a Southern accent and the producers didn’t want Reese to seem regionalized. After a talk with Biehn’s agent, the producers called Biehn back for another audition and he got the part.

Also: pure fucking gold:

O.J. Simpson was considered for the role of the terminator, but the producers feared he wouldn’t be taken seriously.

The Bourne Identity was a good flick of this type because it didn’t bludgeon you over the head with the whole government super-soldier part of the story. There were no labs with test tube baby super soldiers or cloning or any of that other high sci-fi crap.

Also, Matt Damon just has the look of someone who is really easy to sympathize with. Coupled with the whole spoiler plot point of his conscience getting in the way of that hit that costs him his memory, the character really made that flick.

I really look forward to seeing this once it’s out here…

I got alot of enjoyment out of the first one, though i can’t help but keep thinking to my self that they’ll call the 3rd one (if this is successful there’ll be a third) …

Bourne 3 : Re- Bourne.

(As a side note - the sniper guy in the first film was probably the best ‘bad-guy’ in the entire movie… I would have liked to have him last a bit longer.)

Considering the 3rd Bourne book is called The Bourne Ultimatum, that’s probably what they’d call a theoretical 3rd movie.

Which is funny, because it’s actually in the first movie that he makes the ultimatum that the whole second movie is about. That’s Hollywood, baby.

Then, only 997 more sequels until we get “Mille Bourne”

Comedy: Stillbourne

Its enjoyable to see a well done action movie like Bourne Identity that doesn’t try to rely on $100 million in CGI effects to entertain. After seeing the run of summer(which start in April now) movies so far up to Riddick I can say I’m just getting numbed to the stuff now.

Then, only 997 more sequels until we get “Mille Bourne”[/quote]
The prequel: Bourne Yesterday

The prequel: Bourne Yesterday[/quote]

At some point, he’ll find religion: Bourne Again.

The prequel: Bourne Yesterday[/quote]

At some point, he’ll find religion: Bourne Again.[/quote]

Followed by… Still Bourne.

Bourne Away, anyone?