Boy Jumps To Death, Family Blames Video Game (World of War)

I didnt see this thread already posted so I thought I would start one on this topic… more video game lawsuit sillyness…

http://www.gabbr.com/thread.php?id=101

A Chinese couple is suing Blizzard Entertainment, makers of the popular game World of Warcraft, for allegedly being the cause of their son’s death.

Their son re-inacted a scene in the internationally popular massively multiplayer role playing game where their son jumped to his death.

This case may be a little different than others… does anyone know the age of the boy? If he is <16 then maybe he isn’t to be blamed… would the parents then be liable for letting their <16 yo boy play the game? Is the game R rated in China? Do they even have ratings like this in China?

What the fuck? Did he jump from a zeppelin or something?

edit:

Also, if you read your own link :twisted: you’d get the age -

the parents of a 13-year-old Tianjin boy

That would be the leap of faith you take off the giant cliff… Horde side, Tauren thingy. Can’t remember the exact details.

Perhaps he forgot the part where it was a giant talking cow that could do magic that told him to do it.

" Their son re-inacted a scene in the internationally popular massively multiplayer role playing game…"

re-inacted? WTF? Is that like Tough Actin’ Tenactin? :) Even the original Red Herring story spells “reenacted” correctly.

As far as the actual claim – even in a fantasy world, I’ve fallen to my death enough times in WoW to realize that falling = bad. I see lawsuits like this, and it’s hard to see anything other than parents looking for a scapegoat to deflect the fact that they’ve raised a moron.

maybe he saw one of the WoW videos… a lot of characters jump off the cliffs in the videos…

On the bright side, we know he’s not a witch.

Darwin wins again!

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28331

we also know he wasn’t a mage – since he could have used his slow fall spell to prevent damage on impact.

we also know he wasn’t a mage – since he could have used his slow fall spell to prevent damage on impact.[/quote]

Unless he didn’t have any light feathers.

He’d have a hard time reenacting the scene fully without the initial teleport to the top of the cliff.

Did he jump out a window? If he did, he was probably trying to enter Molten Core.

World of Warcraft made it.

It what?

WoW = chlorine for the gene-pool.

Exactly. :?:

we also know he wasn’t a mage – since he could have used his slow fall spell to prevent damage on impact.[/quote]

He isnt a warrior either since they have the armour and hps to take the fall!

He must be a broken warlock.

Ouch, man.
He was thirteen years old and now he is dead. At the age of thirteen, no adult should call you a moron. That doesn’t help at all.
Especially not when you’re dead.

Moron might be mean but I still think its the parents fault for not realising that something was wrong with their son. Then again it may turn out that WOW had nothing to do it with it. Just like when they blamed DnD for that kid suiciding in 82 and then they found out DnD had zero to do with it.

WoW killed a guy in my neighborhood. He mistakenly wandered into the Alliance part of town and got jumped by a gnome and a night elf. He thought he could take them, because his character in the game is 60 with purples, but he was forgetting that in real life he doesn’t even have mortal strike yet. He had to res at the healer because he was afraid they’d camp his corpse. Then he hearthstoned back home and watched some Cartoon Network while he waited for the debuff to expire. Man, when will someone hold Blizzard accountable for the HARM their games do?

Delusional child meets reality. Face First! News at 11!