Brad Wardell's baby is born! To be named Galciv!

Yippeee!! Alright Brad. We are all jumping on the bandwagon here. Now the pressure really begins. The Qt3 test.

Ganked from the Stragey First website (Home of Strike Fighters)

[size=5] Galactic Civilizations Goes Gold![/size]

The race for the Galaxy has begun… almost
Montreal, Quebec. March 3, 2003 – Publisher Strategy First and developer Stardock announced today that their highly anticipated space strategy game, Galactic Civilizations, has gone Gold!

“With Galactic Civilizations our goal has been to create an epic strategy game where players can play over and over again with each game being a different experience,” said Brad Wardell, Project Lead on Galactic Civilizations at Stardock. “We feel that the final version has achieved this goal and look forward to players giving it a try.”

“Galactic Civilizations is one of Strategy First’s most eagerly awaited titles of this year,” says Steve Milburn, Director of Marketing for Strategy First. “The previews and hype on this game have been incredible and we can’t wait to ship it to stores so the fans will get a chance to see what they’ve been waiting for.”

The Fate of the Galaxy is in Your Hands
The year is 2178 and the galaxy is evolving at an alarming pace. Years ago, human scientists introduced a new technology, the “Hyper-drive”, which vastly improved interstellar travel, but instead of forging closer bonds throughout the galaxy, communication between civilizations has ground to a halt. Colonization and a battle for supremacy have become the primary goals but only one race can dominate… and survive.

Features
• Deep immersive storyline
• Multi-threaded AI that is as sophisticated and challenging as real life politics
• In the Metaverse, games can be saved onto Stardock.net and the player can allow the game AI to look at strategies used by the top players to make the game smarter
• Multiple paths to victory - Achieve victory using military strength, economic might, or political power
• Ships gain experience as they win battles
• Dominate other players with economic power through trade and wealth
• Gameplay events are designed to ensure that each game is a different experience

Infogrames will exclusively distribute Galactic Civilizations in North America. It will ship 03/25/2003.

About Stardock
Stardock, founded in 1993, is a leading developer of PC strategy games. Its previous gaming titles include The Corporate Machine, Entrepreneur, and Stellar Frontier. It is also well known for its commercial utility software such as Object Desktop, WindowBlinds, DesktopX, ObjectBar, and more. Its website is located at http://www.stardock.com.

About Strategy First
Strategy First Inc. is a leading developer and worldwide publisher of entertainment software for the PC. Founded in 1990, the company has grown rapidly, publishing major games in the industry and simultaneously developing its own in-house titles such as O.R.B., Disciples II, and Nexagon: Deathmatch. After winning numerous awards for games such as Disciples: Sacred Lands, Europa Universalis, Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns and Steel Beasts, Strategy First continues to push the gaming envelope with its own groundbreaking titles, while maintaining its reputation as a unique alternative for independent developers seeking to market their games to a worldwide audience.

Whoopidiedoo! I’m wondering if I should still work on a preview of this old beta, or now work on a review…

One problem about being in this forum is that I feel like I should give all your games a chance since you make them sound so appealing.

Damn…the same day as Zelda arrives. Great timing!

–Dave

Features
• Deep immersive storyline
• Multi-threaded AI that is as sophisticated and challenging as real life politics
• In the Metaverse, games can be saved onto Stardock.net and the player can allow the game AI to look at strategies used by the top players to make the game smarter
• Multiple paths to victory - Achieve victory using military strength, economic might, or political power
• Ships gain experience as they win battles
• Dominate other players with economic power through trade and wealth
• Gameplay events are designed to ensure that each game is a different experience

Yeah, if Stardock has hit on 4 or 5 of these I will wet myself with esctatic joy, tidy up, and then wet myself a second time.

I won’t be too concerned with that if I were you. Despite my online banter with Brad, if he says its in, given their track record for these types of games - and no fucking publishers to piss around with it (I’m sure SF tried real hard) - its as good as in.

This one has been on my most wanted list for as long as I’ve had hair on my tits. Now that I have hair on my ass, its finally out. If I had to wait any longer, I’d probably sprout hairs in places I didn’t know I had.

Now I know for a fact that I’m not touching MOO3 - which is just going to sit on my shelf for the history of it all.

I wonder if it is too late for Brad to get this put on the box:

Derek Smart of BattleCruiser fame says:
“This one has been on my most wanted list for as long as I’ve had hair on tits”

Check that. This would be a sales deterrent. :wink:

LOL!!

Damn it, Smart! RETURN IT! Send a message to the publisher instead of holding on to it for posterity! :evil:

Unless you got a comp copy for some reason…then for God’s sake hold onto it so you don’t catch the scornful eye of Adam at Sierra!

Just kidding Adam!

–Dave

Sparky! SPAAAAAAAAAARKY!!!

Let’s see that Photoshop magic.

Let’s see that Photoshop magic.[/quote]

ROTFL!!! Can’t wait to see it :P

;) It’s been a long trip on this one. Strategy First didn’t interfere at all. Then again, since we funded it completely in house we had all the leverage.

I just hope people like the game. With the MOO 3 controversy, I fear that many people are thinking GalCiv is somehow what MOO should have been which isn’t true. GalCiv is GalCiv.

I know the team and I will be very nervous until a week or so after the release.

Though for me, my wife, kids and I are moving – on March 26th by incredible coincidence.

gratz on gold.

shame we have to wait so long to play it :(

anyhow put your sold copies up by one. I will be there :)

LOL!!! Yeah, what a coincidence. Nice one there Brad ;)

I guess I could go to the site annd find out from one of the threads titled:

Where’s the Demo?
Demo?
Why no Demo?
Demo Date?
You guys releasing a demo?
I am not buying this fucker if Stardock is too lazy to make a demo for it’s loyal fans!!!

But that’s a lotta skimming and browsing so I won’t.

Congrats Brad! You’ve done a fine job on the pre-release stuff, and the timing is absolutely perfect.

Here’s sincere wishes hoping your publisher doesn’t drop the ball on you! I wanna buy this one!

I’m not really a 4x strategy nut like others here, but I’m very interested in GalCiv, and I have a MOO3 refugee friend that’s looking at it as well. I did make sure to pass on Brad’s comment about GalCiv not being what MOO3 should have been though. I wouldn’t want him to get burned twice.

Let’s see that Photoshop magic.[/quote]

ROTFL!!! Can’t wait to see it :P[/quote]

[size=7]I CAN![/size]

:lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Hrm… Manboobs.

I assume that’s tongue in cheek right? Since there will be a GalCiv demo and there are no posts with those titles.

I am kind of slow though. :oops: