Brad Wardell's baby is born! To be named Galciv!

I assume that’s tongue in cheek right? Since there will be a GalCiv demo and there are no posts with those titles.

I am kind of slow though. :oops:[/quote]

You’re not slow. I am just a stupid little monkey. I should have known that the fans on the Galciv boards are of a slightly higher caliber than the average game site lurkers/bitchers. I tend to avoid official site boards. I guess I can make an exception here.

And if the demo is released around March 26th, I would not bother with it anyway as I will be playing the final, so I guess my post was pretty pointless…per usual. :)

I assume that’s tongue in cheek right? Since there will be a GalCiv demo and there are no posts with those titles.

I am kind of slow though. :oops:[/quote]

You’re not slow. I am just a stupid little monkey. I should have known that the fans on the Galciv boards are of a slightly higher caliber than the average game site lurkers/bitchers. I tend to avoid official site boards. I guess I can make an exception here.

And if the demo is released around March 26th, I would not bother with it anyway as I will be playing the final, so I guess my post was pretty pointless…per usual. :)[/quote]

We’re not popular enough to have rabid fans. Ah, but to dream. Some day, if we work really hard and become really popular we’ll reach critical mass and have tons of fans screaming at how we ripped them off or that we suck.

But that is only a dream. Right now, we’re just not known enough to attract large crowds. ;)

The demo comes out about 2 weeks after the game release. We’re not really up to handling releasing the game and demo at the same time.

We’re not popular enough to have rabid fans. Ah, but to dream.

You want a little Huffman of your very own?

That’s great.

Rock-stars get babes, game developers get cyber-stalkers.

If you’d like, I can go over to your forums and post as a psyschotic fan/Brad Wardell worshiper. Get a maniacal buzz going around the game. Usenet would erupt. I hear any press is good press. :wink:

Usenet? Who cares about usenet anymore? It’s reached the point of complete irrelevancy (except for free pr0n and gamez), but not yet total obscurity in which rebel groups that plan the overthrow of the imperialist pig regimes.

Exactly. Perfect location for right wing GalCivites to lay in wait in order to pounce on an unassuming Brad when he walks by after releasing a not 100% perfect (in my head) version of Galactic Civilizations. :twisted:

Sparky! SPAAAAAAAAAARKY!!! [/quote]
Huh-UH. I am so not going there that I have purchased a one-way ticket in the opposite direction, packed my trusty American Tourister and am taking a cab to the airport as we speak.

Sparky! SPAAAAAAAAAARKY!!! [/quote]
Huh-UH. I am so not going there that I have purchased a one-way ticket in the opposite direction, packed my trusty American Tourister and am taking a cab to the airport as we speak.[/quote]

Right into my waiting arms! EVERY plan I’ve had that revolves around Derek’s hairy man-tits has worked out so far!! They’re like hairy-man-tit four leaf clovers!

Oh believe me, once the game is available the flames will begin.

Our non-game stuff like WindowBlinds gets constantly flamed. I mentioend somewhere about the guy in the UK who says he prays daily for me to die of cancer.

But right now you have a lot of people that are, I fear, thinking GalCiv is like “MOO 2.5” and it’s not. We didn’t steal our ideas from MOO. We stole them from Civilization and Twilight Imperium!

Why then does your ad in the new CGM say:

GalCiv: MoO 2.5

Lead designer Brad Wardell states:

“It’s not like that shit Quicksilver put out. This game was everything that Master of Orion III failed at being and more!!!”

Available March 26th. Just look for the stores with stacks of MoO3 returns.

[size=2]Nice ad, BTW The real one, that is. Not my artists rendering above.[/size]

Why then does your ad in the new CGM say:

GalCiv: MoO 2.5

Lead designer Brad Wardell states:

“It’s not like that shit Quicksilver put out. This game was everything that Master of Orion III failed at being and more!!!”

Available March 26th. Just look for the stores with stacks of MoO3 returns.

[size=2]Nice ad, BTW The real one, that is. Not my artists rendering above.[/size][/quote]

Most people don’t realize that GalCiv is an adventure game!

Yes! I love Twilight Imperium! May I ask what kind of influence it’s had on GalCiv? Any particular area(s) of the design?

Yes! I love Twilight Imperium! May I ask what kind of influence it’s had on GalCiv? Any particular area(s) of the design?[/quote]

It’s throughout the game. One might say the whole game is a quasi-twlightlight imperium game. The United Planets was lifted pretty directly for instance.

Wow, that’s great news, as far as I’m concerned. It sounds like the MOO3 Senate stuff is also based on TI, in that you can vote to change the rules of the game to some extent.

It will be even more interesting to see how you’ve dealt with it in a single-player game. Are laws and such resolved using a straight vote, or do AI players who want you to vote their way harangue/cajole/bribe you to do so? That’s pretty much the most interesting part of TI for me.

Also, am I right in understanding that the player can only play the human race? In any case, I’m looking forward very much to the game.

Thanks for answering questions, Brad.