Brazil celebrates "Día Internacional del Orgasmo Femenino" - August 8

“International Day Of The Female Orgasm Brings Pleasure To Brazilian Women”

Source: ibtimes.com (excerpt below)

The International Day of the Female Orgasm – or Día Internacional del Orgasmo Femenino – is a Brazilian holiday celebrated each year on August 8.

The holiday is one of the more risque occasions probably ever to be given a name and a dedicated day, but it is also one that its progenitors and supporters hope will help women become more aware of their sexuality.

According to the website Postiar.com, Día Internacional del Orgasmo Femenino originated in Brazil under some very interesting and highly personal conditions:

“The international day of orgasm is held every year on the initiative of the Councillor of the Brazilian people in Esperantina, Arimateio Dantas, who decided to compensate his wife for some sexual debts that he had, he proposed a day dedicated to stimulate sexual pleasure in its maximum expression,” the site writes, coining yet another term for woman’s climax.

Postiar also referenced a study by the Kinsey Institute of the United States that claims that “only one-third of women around the world reach orgasm from sexual practices.”

Let’s hope International Day of the Female Orgasm helps do something about that depressing statistic.

I like it, we need that here in the states I think.

I have been waiting for this day all day.

See also: Hysterical Literature, a NSFW art project.

Holy cow. Still a few hours before I can get in the rack. Damn you fire! First the picture of your butt and now this!

Wow, that’s amazing stuff in fire’s link. Various attempts at insightful remarks about it all read to me as being childish, so I think I will just remain mute.

FYI, people speak Portuguese in Brazil, not Spanish. So it’s Dia Internacional do Orgasmo Feminino.

This has been my goal since I was 16 years old. I feel vindicated!

That sort of thing never stops me. :)