Breaking Bad

Did anyone besides me watch this the other night? I rather liked it, but it needs a couple more episodes to hook me, I think.

For more information, refresh this page until the appropriate banner ad loads, then click on it.

I liked it, but I don’t know if I’d go out of my way to see more episodes.

Seeing the dad from Malcolm in the Middle getting a handjob is not a high point for me, I won’t lie.

It wasn’t for me either, especially since I was watching it with my mom. It made the point, though.

I liked it a lot. The setting (New Mexico) was cool, and the story was interesting, with some nice dark comedy elements. I remember reading that FX didn’t pick up this series because it was a little too daring for them, and that’s why AMC picked it up. I would suggest catching it, especially since there’s fuck all else on TV right now.

Removed anything relating to the plot. The main reason I posted it was because when I saw the ads and stuff for the show, I had no idea what it was or why I wanted to watch it until I saw a basic plot summary, which was what I posted.

I liked it, too. I think that it would be better going into it without any of the information that Athryn just posted, though.

Better than expected. I was worried that the Dad was going to suffer from comedy lead-actor typecasting (see Al Bundy and Hawkeye Pierce for examples). He did a nice job with the character. I like that you can see him flipping the switch and turning into hardcore-do-what-it-takes guy as he reacts to the various situations.

Way darker than I expected and great cinematography. A real surprise.

I really liked how the the jumper plotline was in the background, no wasted exposition on it, they let you figure it out from the drawings.

If I remember right, the cinematographer (John Toll?!) has at least one Oscar. That’s a nice get for a TV series.

I was amused at the profanity filter on the show. Took a second to register that the show was on AMC.

Oh! Is that fallout from the thing Athryn was saying about FX passing on it? I was wondering what the deal was with that.

I found it odd that shit was okay, but ‘goddam’ got blanked out.

I didn’t catch “shit” being said uncensored.

Oh man, the 2nd episode is just fucked up, is all i have to say.

I gotta catch a repeat. Didn’t realize that it’s going up against the second airing of The Wire on Sundays.

Ooh, thanks for the reminder. I remembered seeing a blurb about this over the Christmas holidays, but forgot to set the PVR, and it looks like I can catch the first episode again next week.

(Usually we’re a season or two behind on cable-network shows up here, unless you get the premium channels.)

Dialling this in on my “premium channel” now…it better be completely fucked up, or I want my money back!

If you don’t think the end of episode one is fucked up enough for you, wait for the end of episode 2.

Wow. Did not expect to see that on something made for television, even if it was made for cable.

I’ll put it this way, it made some of the stuff on Dexter seem like a Disney movie, if you know what I mean.

I wasn’t quite sure after the first episode, but that second episode was amazing. The fiasco at the end might be the most gory thing ever shown on basic cable.

God that was both gut-wrenchingly funny and nearly unwatchable at the same time.

This show really reminds me of Fargo.