Breathedge - Sorta like Subnautica in Space but with an Immortal Chicken

So far 3 of the 5 planned chapters are now out for this, it’s nearing its 1 year early access anniversary on Steam.

Not sold yet? Watch this!

Mhhh. Nuggets.

I have it on my wish list, but I am waiting for impression from people here, and its also EA and I generally do not buy EA games.

You really shouldn’t use that abbreviation for Early Access. “EA” is a slightly tainted term.

Anyway, I agree. I generally avoid early access games as well. Only recent exception was probably RimWorld.

When I said I generally do not buy EA games, this applies to both definitions of the term.

Fair enough!

Regarding the game itself, it is fantastic and highly polished. Much like Subnautica was in early access. The chapters are being delivered in an episodic fashion, but the delivered content is fully finished.

By all means wait for the story to be finished, if you’d like. But I consider what is already delivered to be worth the price of admission. I loved replaying the first bit to play the new content, and I’ll enjoy it again next time. This isn’t like some EA situations where you were wonder if the final product is going to meet its initial promise; or for the devs to flake out and disappear.

Lolol

Ok, I’m interested in this game but the preview video told me nothing about what the core gameplay is.

@jpinard This write up from last year on the first Chapter is pretty good.

Also:

Visually the game looks stunning, mostly due to its characteristic aesthetic that evokes a retro sci-fi feeling and thanks to the use of the Unreal 4 Engine.

I just ran across this in my queue and I’m personally visually stunned that I haven’t heard of this game before. It sounds like it’ll be great. And it’s been in Early Access for a year? Yikes!

Reviews seem wildly positive though. But do I really want to buy a game pre-launch? I know I shouldn’t. But hey, it’s on sale! $13.99 until November 15.

FYI still 2 more chapters to go, I can see them probably getting this done in the next year. :)

This game will be finished in 2020! The developers said so!

Also there was a before Christmas update:

I picked it up on Steam since it’s on sale… then immediately requested a refund because apparently I already own this on GoG. Anyway, I plan to dig into it a little bit hopefully this weekend.

Is there an underyling story to the game like subnautica?

Small update and Q&A.

This will hit v1.0 in 2020.

That is awesome.

And JP , yes there is a story!

We have some very important news here. No, we’re not postponing the release, and no, we didn’t sell our copyrights to Disney — all these are rumors that we are spreading ourselves right in this text. What we want to tell you about is that a few days ago, one grownup hopeful has finally finished the work on the Breathedge script. To date, the story of the Man, the Chicken, the coffinbots, and the other space inhabitants is finished. This tragic event means only one thing: the development of the last chapters of Breatheadge is becoming wild and avalanche-like, and is also entering the final stretch.

Nice, only around 240 million hours to complete the game. You know this one isn’t going to show up for awhile on howlongtobeat!

1.0 on November 5th, prepare your rubber chicken!

I’m looking forward to this one. I only played a bit during the first chapter, so it’ll be mostly fresh. It really clicked with me though, so I’m hoping the full game is as good as the first bits I played.