Breathedge - Sorta like Subnautica in Space but with an Immortal Chicken

Q1 2021 now…

Price increase before release fyi.

In any case, the price will be increased by about $2 billion.

Hope everyone pre-ordered earlier. :)

1.0 is coming February 25

It’s wishlisted!

So this is on sale and is supposed to be released in a few days. For those of you who have played it, what are your thoughts on it?

Going in pretty blind, other than the video’s I’ve watch. But I mean if options like this don’t sell you on the game, what really will?

I only played chapter 1 a long time ago, and I remember thinking it was awesome, but decided to leave it until 1.0 so as not to spoil the game. I’m excited for release next week.

The thread title is pretty accurate from what I recall. Subnautica in Space, but with a great sense of humor. You explore, find stuff to upgrade your gear to enable you to explore further, while unraveling the story line.

I was going to say the same, game is out. Anyone bought it?

Reviews seem positive, but one tier below Subnautica.

I bought it.

Honestly I am not fan of the controller controls, nor of the juvenile stupid humor. Which is a shame, because the gameplay seems interesting, but man… its fart jokes and its ilk all the way down.

Yeah, I’ll pass for that reason. I like smart, subtle humor. Slapstick and absurd humor can work for me too, depending on the situation. Juvenile? Hard pass.

Indeed, the farts are strong with this game.

Yeah, I got my money back from it from Steam. Not my cup of tea.

The humor is hit or miss to me. It’s not all fart jokes, and some things are pretty funny. The whole dialogue with the mysterious entity “Babe” is quite funny with their insistence that you somehow die or kill yourself while trying to appear helpful. “No really, if you come across some cyanide take it! It’s good for you!”
I can’t help but wonder if the humor was needed at all. It’s not a bad game, and I can see it being fun even without the jokes.

The game would be 10x what is without the juvenile humour. I’m not so put off as to refund, but I was very, very tempted.

SkillUp did not like it:

Yeah I am not too fond of hearing the 2nd half of the game is way different than the first half.

:|

I know nothing of the hardship of making a game having never done it. Kudos to those brave enough to take such a task on. And got to say graphically these guys have outdone themselves for what apparently is a 5 man team.

But knowing nothing about game development wouldn’t stop me from knowing instinctively I shouldn’t try something as hard as comedy in my first game (not in my native language) thru a talking AI that won’t STFU.

Yeah, that review pretty much got me to refund the game. The whole inventory thing with all those tools and the tool degradation were a huge turn off. Also the 2nd part of the game being so different.

Maybe they will spend the next year or two and change some of those mechanics and it will be worth checking out, but for now, it seems like a pass.