Brexit, aka, the UK Becomes a Clown Car of the Highest Order

100%. It really comes back to a general lack of respect for drivers.

Politicians also don’t seem to realize that every obstruction they place in the way of a driver, more paperwork, more trouble finding accommodation, equals money out of their pocket. Which they can’t afford.

These people are barking mad.

Chris Loder, a Tory MP, told a fringe meeting at the party conference that it would be a good thing for supermarket supply chains to “crumble”, even if it caused short-term problems.

“It is in our mid- and long-term interest that these logistics chains do break,” he said. “It will mean that the farmer down the street will be able to sell their milk in the village shop like they did decades ago. It is because these commercial predators – that is, the supermarkets – have wiped that out, and I’d like to see that come back.”

He seems to believe life in Britain will turn into an old hovis advert, just have to live on the brink of starvation for a while.

I was gonna say that it could be kinda awesome if everyone in the UK just started riding horses again, but it seemed really insensitive when our UK friends are struggling.

But since reversing the flow of time seems to be the official policy of the UK government… Hey, why not make the most of it?

You could ride your steed up to Westminster and use it to express how you feel about the current management.

I mean, that was basically the Brexit campaign in a nutshell.

I’d like to see it come back too…except, it already has, I a modern form.

I got adverts come through the mail for a milk delivery service, all local and eco friendly, and there are local butchers aplenty here, selling online, some of it really good stuff too.

You don’t need a fucked up supply chain to get this stuff working.I

And I buy my fruit and veg from the market, and they have an online presence too, and they are always busy.

I wonder where these evil supermarkets are that we must destroy through denying ourselves fuel, food on the shelves, and because of whom we must sacrifice pigs but not get to eat them.

I mean, there’s an Aldi near me who must burn for ripping off Colin the Caterpillar…

Ask your average dairyman — or any farmer really — if they’d like to go back to a world where their only market was their neighbors, and their only source of supplies was also their neighbors.

Watching what Jeremy Clarkson went through just to sell some veg makes me think there might be a flaw in their logic. That, and ten pound (currency) bottles of milk.

Yeah, I grew up in the countryside here in Denmark, and there were plenty of independent stores left in the villages when I was a lil baby in the 80s (my grandfather had the village kiosk) but they all died because people went to the supermarket.

Everyone reminisces about those times, but people didn’t like them enough to keep them alive.

I think if stores like that are hot and somewhat profitable now, it’s because they are a specialty, as opposed to a staple or a real competitor, which is what they were in the old days.

Back home, we have those now, but there’s maybe like 5-10 in an area where before there were hundreds. It’s totally different. Great to see though.

When do people stop believing what comes out Boris Johnson’s mouth?

This, I must say, is positively cracking.

For anyone who ever believed he was anything other than a complete clown I’d say never.

In fact every imbecile in the UK who voted for Brexit will behave exactly like Trumper imbeciles in the US and double down on every single bad outcome that results.

They’ll burn the place down and smile from the flames. Leopards will of course be along shortly for some face BBQ.

Intel: We’re going to build a $95 billion fab complex in Europe.

All European countries: Me! Me! Me!

Intel: We said Europe. (glares at UK)

whomp, whomp

went out last night at 11pm, thought maybe I’d catch people sleeping and profit from a late tanker fillup, but nope, no petrol anywhere. Apparently the rest of the country is OK now, but London isn’t. I hear a good time to try would be 10:30 ish, when most are at work and not on their lunch break… might try tomorrow.

Why aren’t you guys able to buy gasoline? What part of being in the EU was essential to that?

Spiffy, last night

I thought it was exacerbating the trucker (sorry, would it be lorry driver?) shortage.

Man, that’s so dumb.
The Brexit folks basically kicked out all the people who make their country function.

Well, to be fair, no one had any idea any of these totally predictable things would happen! If only someone had warned them.

Odd, I passed 3 stations with minimal queues, and slowly driving past I realised they did NOT have the signs advertising “No diesel,” etc, so I drove into one of these stations ever so slowly.

No queuing behind anyone, infact only 3 cars there in total, and 8 pumps.

I put the diesel nozzle into my car, and it made a funny noise, and nothing happened.

Just as I was about to give up, and attribute it to someone not bothering with the signs, there was a juddering and diesel came spurting into my car.

I kept expecting it to stop after £30 but no, full tank.

It.felt.very.strange.

And the car handles very differently.

It hasn’t been full since some time in July…